The Color of Heaven (Color Trilogy) by Dong…

The Color of Heaven (Color Trilogy) (edition 2009)

by Dong Hwa Kim

Member:Anraku
Title:The Color of Heaven (Color Trilogy)
Authors:Dong Hwa Kim
Info:First Second (2009), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

The Color of Heaven by Dong Hwa Kim

Technically it's a manhwa, but I didn't want to make a shelf for just three books.

Anyway, I loved this trilogy, although I am a little disappointed with this last book. It was such a beautiful story, and something just felt rushed about this book to me. I felt like there were leaps that happened that I didn't fully understand. I would still recommend the series to others. ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
The conclusion of a well-crafted romance/coming-of-age, ending with Ehwa's marriage.

I'd still say high-school appropriate--though there are depictions of sex, they're not nearly as graphic as some others I've seen. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 30, 2013 |
Illustrated review: bibliovermis.com ( )
  bibliovermis | Oct 2, 2012 |
This is the final book in Kim Dong Hwa's Color Trilogy and it's as beautiful as the other two, and just as moving. We follow Ehwa as she grows into womanhood and finally figures out what she wants from life and who she is. In the process, she falls in love and we're given some truly beautiful and touching moments between Ehwa and her mother. As with the two previous volumes, I absolutely love the frankness between Ehwa and her mother, and between Kim and his readers. Along with a fulfilling conclusion to Ehwa's story, her mother's story also gets a fitting conclusion. I was sad to see the story end, as Ehwa's journal was a satisfying read over all three books. ( )
  callmecayce | Jun 16, 2012 |
A fantastic graphic nvel, I was really pleased that everyone lived happily ever. The quality of the drawing is fantastic throughout, and the coming of age story was fgantastically done. Really believable characters, I really felt that I could understand what it must have felt like to be a young girl in early 20th century rural Korea (whether I actually did or not!) ( )
  Libra500 | Sep 22, 2011 |

"A celebration of the triumph of true love. As Ehwa grew from a girl to a young woman in The Color of Earth and The Color of Water, she began to understand and experience love and relationships, with her mother as a model and confidante. Now, in the heartwarming conclusion to this lyrically written and delicately drawn trilogy, Ehwa's true love comes at last, and as her mother looks on, she takes the final steps towards becoming an adult" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,328,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible