Million-Dollar Throw by Mike Lupica

Million-Dollar Throw (edition 2010)

by Mike Lupica

Member:ms.hinkle
Title:Million-Dollar Throw
Authors:Mike Lupica
Info:Puffin (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 272 pages
Tags:The Relatives Came

Million-Dollar Throw by Mike Lupica

No one writes sports fiction like Mike Lupica. He has just the right balance of a good story interspersed with great game action. This book is a must for Tom Brady fans. Nate Brodie is the Tom Brady of junior football. He’s the quarterback for the Valley Patriots and he’s so good that his teammates call him “Brady.”

No matter what’s going on in Nate’s life, he can always count on it going right when he’s on the field. But lately his personal stress is affecting his game. His family has been having financial difficulties since his dad lost his job and his best friend is losing her sight. On top of that he has the pressure of the upcoming million-dollar throw which will be televised during the NE Patriots game on Thanksgiving Day. But that’s not all. Now he has developed a fear of passing after he threw an interception at a critical moment causing his team to lose the game. The coach benches him, giving the backup QB a chance at victory.

I can’t say enough about Mike Lupica. I’m a non-sport playing female and yet love his books. He always has a great life lesson to pass on. ( )
  valorrmac | Sep 21, 2018 |
This book is a great story. I love how a hard time goes to a happy ending. I was literally on the edge of my seat when i was at the ending. I would recommend this book to people who likes to read about a great struggle turns into a new start in recovering. ( )
  JadaM.B3 | Jan 13, 2015 |
This book was a really good book. Once i started reading i couldn't stop it was like my eyes were glued to the page. This story was about a quarter back named Nate Brody wanted to keep playing football and his parents did not have enough money for him to keep playing so he saw that there was a raffle to make a throw at half time in Gillette stadium and if he makes the throw he wins a million dollars. I recommend this book to sports fans that are looking for a good book to read.
  RyAd14 | Oct 24, 2014 |
Mike lupica describes the characters in this book very good. He makes nate come to life,thats how good he describes him. The plot is not that detailed or well developed.Its just about a star quarterback who can make a million dollars to hit a target at a patriots game.Also his parents are struggling to pay the bills.

I like this topic because i like sports. The beginning of this book really draws you in. I think this book is a good level for me,not to hard ,not to easy. ( )
  br14kyenb | May 30, 2014 |
Brady is here. He is the star quarterback and gets the chance of a lifetime. To win a million dollars by throwing a football. His freind Abby is going blind. He wants to help her. He does by winning the million dollars and buying her eye surgery. Now they are perfect.

I liked this book. It is a great sports book. Full of action. If people read it they can't put it down. If you like sports read mike lupica. He is a great writer. Read this book. ( )
  TylerB.B1 | May 28, 2014 |

The main character in the book is Nate Brodie, his friends call him "Brady" because he is the biggest Tom Brady fan. Nate bought an autographed football by Tom Brady and was entered into a contest for a chance to throw a football from 30 yards away during the Patriot's game for 1 million dollars. He is the starting quarterback for his school. Nate leads them though the season but during the playoffs his arm starts messing up. Also his dad just lost his job and his best friend is going blind. The only thing to cure her is a surgery that cost thousands of dollars. Nate's parents are fighting because they cannot make the house payments. So Nate really needs this money for his friend and his family. Can he make the throw yes or no read this book to find out.

Everyone calls Nate Brodie ÒBradyÓ because heÕs a New England quarterback, just like his idol, Tom Brady. And now heÕs got a chance to win a million dollars by throwing one pass through a target at halftime in the PatriotsÕ Thanksgiving night game. More than anything, NateÕs family needs the moneyÑhis dadÕs been downsized, his momÕs working two jobs, and theyÕre on the verge of losing their house. The worry is more weight than a 13-year-old can bear, and itÕs affecting his playing for his own football team. Suddenly the boy with the golden arm is having trouble completing a pass . . . but can he make the one that really counts?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:28 -0400)

Eighth-grade star quarterback Nate Brodie is frantic to win a million dollars by completing a pass during the halftime of a New England Patriot's game to help his family and his best friend Abby who is going blind.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,762,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible