The Returners by Gemma Malley

The Returners (edition 2010)

by Gemma Malley

Member:kperry
Title:The Returners
Authors:Gemma Malley
Info:Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (2010), Hardcover, 256 pages

The Returners by Gemma Malley

Gemma Malley has written another thought provoking novel set a few years into the future. A number of important issues are covered throughout this deceptively small book including racism, anti-immigration, human suffering, destiny vs free will and the failure of humankind to learn from the past. I loved the concept of the returners, it was an original idea, and the only reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of 4, is because I felt that the returners could have been developed further giving the novel more depth. However, still a great read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
well since we can't do 2 1/2 stars with and "i thought it was ok" rating, i did 3 stars cuz i didn't dislike it but i didn't like like it. neat concept. slow start for me and the ending was kinda wanting. ( )
July 18th 2016.
There was this day, a few weeks ago.

Will Hodges wonders why "freaks" began following him after his mother drowned, but when he finally discovers what they want, he can begin to make sense of the nightmares he has always had and try to do something about the anti-immigrant hatred that his father so vehemently espouses.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,797,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible