My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Keep (edition 2010)

by Rachel Vincent

Member:mirrani
Title:My Soul to Keep
Authors:Rachel Vincent
Info:Harlequin Teen (2010), Edition: Original, Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle, Series, Book info needs work
Tags:young adult, fantasy, paranormal, romance, Series: Soul Screamers, WTR

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

*spoilers*I am so upset with Ms. Vincent for making me feel anything but love for Nash. Oh Nash..I just am so disappointed in you!! On the up side though it will be interesting to see what happens with Alec. I can not wait for the next one. It won't be the same with Kaylee and Nash not together. Still love Tod though!! :) ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I don't think I feel my heart anymore... Wait, was there really a heart?
This book (and series in general) has taken my heart, stretched it, jumped the rope with it, used it as a towel, gave it to the dogs to play with and left in a dark, smelly and humid place.
I love-hate this book for making me feel so much, but I'm still in shock. I will just go back to my corner and cry my eyes out. ( )
  LiindaSnow97 | Mar 8, 2016 |
The Good: Tod is becoming a much more compelling character. He seems to be growing into his role and becoming a better person, in sharp contrast to his brother. I really enjoyed the Demon's Breath/drug angle of the book and how that played out with involving the students at Kaylee's school.

The Bad: Kaylee conveniently forgets crucial details on a regular basis. It drags the books out, ridiculous when they're so short as it is. Any reader even halfway paying attention will notice completely remember these things and grow increasingly frustrated throughout the book. And then there's the whole boyfriend hiding things from her. Unforgivable things. Add that to the fact that the characters continue to hide everything possible from the adults in their lives for no good reason other than "parents just don't understand." Except, these parents would completely understand and help. Yet, let's just screw ourselves over and go completely unprepared into mortal danger time and again because parents are dumb or whatever. Maybe this thing resonates with teen readers, but as an adult with the ability to judge the parents on their previous reactions to situations in the series, these kids are coming off as complete idiots begging to be killed. ( )
  TequilaReader | Dec 29, 2015 |
I am a huge fan of the Soul Screamers series and Rachel Vincent in general. I love her work and her books but this one I liked the least of any of her work I have ever read. The book was just ok, in my eyes. I was heart-broken and sad when I finished it and I hate ending books that way.

There are quite a few things going on in this book and quite a few things I want to talk about but can't without spoilers so...we are having SPOILERS...THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW: Highlight the text with your mouse to read it.

I was SOOO pissed at Nash! OMG. He let that nasty demon Avari posses her over who knows how long, he guesstimated six time. There is NO way I would ever be able to take him back after everything he had done to me.

I just couldn't believe everything that happened when I was finished. I was so sad for Kaylee (one of my favorite teen characters) and I was so heart-broken for the entire world that Kaylee lives in. I fell even more in love with Nash's bro, his heart is in the right place and I really think he has grown so much as a well reaper and a character since the first book. I also love the comfort and familiarity that I have developed for this whole world, it is like slipping into a nice comfy robe and snuggling up. Perfect.

Anyway, I was so depressed with how this book ended but I will of course wait impatiently for the next book because I am emotionally invested in these characters and I need to know what happens. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele

Vincents erstes „Soul Screamers“-Buch „Mit ganzer Seele“ hat mich wirklich voll und ganz begeistert. Allein die Banshee-Thematik fand ich total toll und Vincents Schreibstil und ihre vielschichtigen Charaktere haben mich vollends in den Bann dieser Geschichte gezogen. Der zweite Band „Rette meine Seele“ konnte meinen Erwartungen dann allerdings leider nicht mehr standhalten. Glücklicherweise scheint sich Frau Vincent mit Band 3 dann aber wieder eingekriegt zu haben.

Als erstes ist mir dabei der Schreibstil positiv aufgefallen, der wieder so flüssig zu lesen ist, wie im ersten Band, und der unterliegende Humor, der es sehr angenehm macht das Buch zu lesen. Die ganze Sache wirkte einfach sehr viel atmosphärischer als noch im letzten Band. Das hat sich auch auf die Charaktere ausgewirkt, die mir wieder sehr viel sympathischer waren, als im vorangegangen Roman.

Und die Handlung! Nachdem ich mich durch den letzten Band durchkämpfen musste, weil sowohl Schreibstil als auch Handlung nicht mehr wirklich fesselnd waren, hat mich in diesem Band neben dem Schreibstil auch die Handlung sofort wieder in ihren Bann gezogen. Sie ist spannend, unvorhersehbar und die Überraschung am Ende… Ich kann den nächsten Band gar nicht erwarten!

Alles in allem ist dieses Buch wieder eine deutliche Weiterentwicklung im Vergleich zum zweiten Band, auch wenn die Geschichte meiner Meinung nach noch nicht wieder ganz auf dem Niveau des ersten Buchs war. Trotzdem, für alle, denen die Geschichte bislang gefallen hat, wird dieses Buch wohl kaum eine Enttäuschung sein. Ich bin jedenfalls bereits sehr gespannt auf den vierten Band! ( )
  FiliaLibri | Nov 10, 2015 |
To Amy, Michelle and Josh.
My memories of you from high school make the nonfantasy elements of Kaylee's life to feel so real to me...
The whole thing started with a wasted jock and a totaled car.

Until something does.
Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.

"Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them. Until something does. Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends--one of whom is already hooked."--Amazon.com.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,198,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible