Rework by Jason Fried
"Rework" shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business. You'll learn how to be more productive, how to get exposure without breaking the bank, and tons more counterintuitive ideas that will inspire and provoke you.
    The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both emphasize getting back to basics and cutting waste. Both are very entertaining.
    Leadership Is an Art by Max De Pree (sr109)
    sr109: I read both books a few months apart, and immediately thought of the similarities between them.

English (58)  Dutch (1)  Esperanto (1)  French (1)  All languages (61)
The book is about the author's formulas for success and he warned us that what he found about his methods are different from conventional advises. He talks about growing profit but not growing in size because there's no need to. The author always take the contrarian approach which is non-conventional. For eg, he said 'make the small decisions'. One can always write a paragraph on 'making the big decision' and is correct too.

The book is more useful to the business owner than the business executive. I will come back to this book when I hire more. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |
Meh.
I am really kind of over books that make thinking a little outside the box out to be some major triumph of intellect. I'm pretty sure that anyone paying even a little bit of attention realized that the way of working the monolith died right about the same time Carly Fiorina/Jonathan Schwartz took over, and that a better world is possible. I'm also way less interested in how a bunch of the benefactors of privilege made it than, say, even half the stories I read as I'm perusing Kiva. ( )
  laureenH | Aug 26, 2019 |

Jason.Ong.Wicky | May 2, 2019 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I like how a lot of what's in this book can be applied to other areas of life, not just the business related context. Like, scratching your own itch, quick wins, making tiny decisions, go to sleep, decisions are temporary, the list goes on and on. I like how each topic is short too.

Most of my books nowadays I just get/read from the library, but this one I actually bought, so I can use it as a reference and re-read it. I like to read a random page from time-to-time to get a fresh look on something that I'm working on at the time.

It's a great book, 5/5 stars. ( )
  oddogre | Mar 22, 2019 |
For many, starting a new business can be relatively overwhelming. I assume that, if you read my posts, you hear many gripping stories about successful entrepreneurs who reached their first million-dollar profit almost overnight. On one hand, going the same path sounds tempting, but on the other hand, it might be a bit intimidating.

Rework, written by Jason Fried, says that such attitude is complete rubbish. Such stories delude people. It says that if you want to start a firm, you shouldn’t focus on a mass-scale business, but rather something smaller, especially at the beginning. It should be something that you like and understand. Something that does respond to specific customer needs and gives you a steady stream of income. It might give you a great sense of accomplishment and experience to grow. “Enjoy the path not just the reward”.

Anyway, the book is well structured and very short. It contains a set of principles you should follow during your entrepreneurial journey. It starts with a typical call to action which goes like – stop planning and complaining, just do it. Then, the book focuses on progress, productivity, marketing and some HR aspects, such as hiring process and organisational culture. All chapters are very brief, practical and easy to comprehend.

When it comes to my opinion about the book, I have to admit that I’m a bit puzzled. On one hand, I really appreciate its compact form and focus on practicality. On the other hand, some ideas were too radical or expressed in a very shallow way to convince me effectively.

Nevertheless, I’d like to mention some ideas.
Planning – planning is guessing. Nowadays, focusing on making estimation is a huge abuse. Everybody these days has to be excellent because the cult of excellence has been driven into our society. It is expensive... (if you like to read my full review please visit my blog: https://leadersarereaders.blog/2018/11/08/rework/) ( )
  LeadersAreReaders | Feb 19, 2019 |

Jason Friedprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hansson, David Heinemeiermain authorall editionsconfirmed
We have something new to say about building, running, and growing (or not growing) a business.
사람들은 결과물이 만들어지는 과정에 호기심이 많다. 이것이 공장 견학이나 영화의 제작 후기가 인기 잇는 이유다. 사람들은 무대를 설치하고 캐스팅이 이루어지는 과정을 알고 싶어한다. 남들이 결정을 내리는 이유와 과정을 알고 싶어한다.
사람들에게 커튼 안쪽을 공개하면 관계가 변한다. 사람들이 당신을 얼굴 없는 회사가 아니라 같은 인간으로 보게 되면서 동질감이 싹튼다. 사람들이 당신이 파는 제품이나 서비스에 배인 땀과 노력을 보게 된다. 당신이 하는 일을 더 깊이 이해하고 존중하게 된다.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,872,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible