Rework by Jason Fried

Rework (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Jason Fried (Author)

Member:KristinaSimon
Title:Rework
Authors:Jason Fried (Author)
Info:Currency (2010), Edition: 1, 288 pages
Tags:success-books, currently-reading

Rework by Jason Fried (2010)

Recently added byHarlandH, private library, Training_Library, user8754, joshuagomez, Jansom, 4edges, codylee13, kegi, hugo84
    The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt (Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: Both emphasize getting back to basics and cutting waste. Both are very entertaining.
    Leadership Is an Art by Max De Pree (sr109)
    sr109: I read both books a few months apart, and immediately thought of the similarities between them.

English (56)  Dutch (1)  Esperanto (1)  French (1)  All languages (59)
The book is about the author's formulas for success and he warned us that what he found about his methods are different from conventional advises. He talks about growing profit but not growing in size because there's no need to. The author always take the contrarian approach which is non-conventional. For eg, he said 'make the small decisions'. One can always write a paragraph on 'making the big decision' and is correct too.

The book is more useful to the business owner than the business executive. I will come back to this book when I hire more. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | May 2, 2019 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I like how a lot of what's in this book can be applied to other areas of life, not just the business related context. Like, scratching your own itch, quick wins, making tiny decisions, go to sleep, decisions are temporary, the list goes on and on. I like how each topic is short too.

Most of my books nowadays I just get/read from the library, but this one I actually bought, so I can use it as a reference and re-read it. I like to read a random page from time-to-time to get a fresh look on something that I'm working on at the time.

It's a great book, 5/5 stars. ( )
  oddogre | Mar 22, 2019 |
For many, starting a new business can be relatively overwhelming. I assume that, if you read my posts, you hear many gripping stories about successful entrepreneurs who reached their first million-dollar profit almost overnight. On one hand, going the same path sounds tempting, but on the other hand, it might be a bit intimidating.

Rework, written by Jason Fried, says that such attitude is complete rubbish. Such stories delude people. It says that if you want to start a firm, you shouldn’t focus on a mass-scale business, but rather something smaller, especially at the beginning. It should be something that you like and understand. Something that does respond to specific customer needs and gives you a steady stream of income. It might give you a great sense of accomplishment and experience to grow. “Enjoy the path not just the reward”.

Anyway, the book is well structured and very short. It contains a set of principles you should follow during your entrepreneurial journey. It starts with a typical call to action which goes like – stop planning and complaining, just do it. Then, the book focuses on progress, productivity, marketing and some HR aspects, such as hiring process and organisational culture. All chapters are very brief, practical and easy to comprehend.

When it comes to my opinion about the book, I have to admit that I’m a bit puzzled. On one hand, I really appreciate its compact form and focus on practicality. On the other hand, some ideas were too radical or expressed in a very shallow way to convince me effectively.

Nevertheless, I’d like to mention some ideas.
Planning – planning is guessing. Nowadays, focusing on making estimation is a huge abuse. Everybody these days has to be excellent because the cult of excellence has been driven into our society. It is expensive... (if you like to read my full review please visit my blog: https://leadersarereaders.blog/2018/11/08/rework/) ( )
  LeadersAreReaders | Feb 19, 2019 |
Gli autori di Rework sono noti in rete, grazie al successo della loro creatura, 37Signal. Il libro vuole essere un concentrato di consigli per chi vuole fare impresa oggi, su Internet e magari nello sviluppo di software, ma non solo.

Chi frequenta il social web da tempo ci troverà soltanto qualche spunto, in un mare di banalità, probabilmente non banali per chi viene da un percorso professionale e ad un business lontano dalla rete. Chi poi è un lettore fedele del blog di 37Signal ci troverà ben poco di nuovo, essendo il libro un meglio di quanto già pubblicato.

Considerando gli autori e il successo del libro, mi aspettavo sinceramente molto di più. Ciò nonostante, il libro si legge velocemente e lascia senza dubbio con qualche spunto da mettere in pratica nella vita professionale quotidiana, per migliorarsi e lavorare meglio. Non è certo da buttare. Ottimo nello sfatare molti luoghi comuni sul mondo del lavoro, offre un punto di vista fresco e originale.

In Italia è uscito da ETAS ( )
  lucaconti | Jan 24, 2019 |
A much needed change of path for thoughts. The thoughts articulated here really needs some bit of practice to adopt
I found inspiration in some events described in it and started to apply the thoughts shared. It works wonders really. ( )
  siddharthabayye | Aug 29, 2018 |

Jason Friedprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hansson, David Heinemeiermain authorall editionsconfirmed
We have something new to say about building, running, and growing (or not growing) a business.
사람들은 결과물이 만들어지는 과정에 호기심이 많다. 이것이 공장 견학이나 영화의 제작 후기가 인기 잇는 이유다. 사람들은 무대를 설치하고 캐스팅이 이루어지는 과정을 알고 싶어한다. 남들이 결정을 내리는 이유와 과정을 알고 싶어한다.
사람들에게 커튼 안쪽을 공개하면 관계가 변한다. 사람들이 당신을 얼굴 없는 회사가 아니라 같은 인간으로 보게 되면서 동질감이 싹튼다. 사람들이 당신이 파는 제품이나 서비스에 배인 땀과 노력을 보게 된다. 당신이 하는 일을 더 깊이 이해하고 존중하게 된다.

"Rework" shows you a better, faster, easier way to succeed in business. You'll learn how to be more productive, how to get exposure without breaking the bank, and tons more counterintuitive ideas that will inspire and provoke you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,640,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible