My Little Sister Ate One Hare by Bill…

My Little Sister Ate One Hare

by Bill Grossman

123 (4) animals (11) children (3) children's (7) children's literature (4) counting (57) counting book (4) eating (6) family (8) fiction (16) food (10) funny (5) gross (5) humor (14) magic (7) mathematics (29) numbers (21) picture (6) picture book (33) poetry (6) rabbits (4) read aloud (5) repetition (7) rhyme (13) rhymes (4) rhyming (14) siblings (6) silly (6) sister (5) sisters (5)

This was also a big hit over my Christmas break, and it's one of my all time favorites. If you haven't read it- go find a copy now!! ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |
My little Sister Ate One Hare, is a funny, somewhat gross books that both boys and girls will help count the things she eats and anticipates what will come next. The pictures are just as funny as the words. I would use this with PK-1st grades. I would use this with a theme of family or nutrition.
  1212bec | Oct 6, 2012 |
This book teaches children to count 1-10. Have the students practice their counting forwards (when she's eating) and backwards (when she gets sick).
  KristinWhite | Nov 12, 2009 |
Reviewed by n/a in Horn Book (March, 1997). Found in Follett Titlewave.
  SherylLee | Oct 12, 2009 |
This is a hilarious book that kids will love because of all the incredible things that "little sister" eats. The story rhymes and is a cumulative counting book.
  ljspear | Jul 30, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051788576X, Paperback)

In this uproariously funny counting book, illustrated by popular artist Kevin Hawkes, a ravenous little sister eats everything from one hare to ten peas. Now in Dragonfly, this is the perfect book for any kid who loves to giggle (and who doesn't?) and parents who love to hear them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:01 -0400)

Little sister has no problem eating one hare, two snakes, and three ants, but when she gets to ten peas, she throws up quite a mess.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,538,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible