My Little Sister Ate One Hare by Bill…

My Little Sister Ate One Hare (1996)

by Bill Grossman

Least favorite story of all time! haha. I thought the ending was funny when she ate the peas and then happened to lose it all. It was an interesting expose' to what I thought could be Pride Comes Before a Fall. ( )
  gracelovera | Sep 8, 2015 |
"My little sister ate one hare. We thought she'd throw up then and there. But she didn't!" Starting with one hare and moving on to two snakes and three ants, this little sister keeps eating more and more nasty live things that wriggle. This is a good counting book because it each page counts up and then down again.

Characters: Little sister
Setting: Our home
Theme: Restraint

Possible post-reading discussions include:
counting; healthy eating choices; self-control/restraint; and avoidance.
  kimberlyfox | Sep 8, 2015 |
This story follows a little sister, with an unquenchable hunger for icky, nasty, live things. The encounters are mapped by repetition and in sequential order, so it is shaped to help the audience recall numbers...by means of shock. When it is at the number ten, and she has a plate of ten peas in-front of her, it is the peas that makes her quick to vomit. She seems to avoid the one meal that it is more than likely, the one she has to eat. ( )
  candyceutter | Sep 6, 2015 |
Fun and entertaining picture book for younger kids. This little sister can eat anything except her vegetables. ( )
  alanbuffington | Sep 4, 2015 |
This book is about the narrator's little sister eating all sorts of gross, funny things, like frogs, worms, bats, etc. But none of it makes her throw up until she eats some healthy peas. ( )
  liannecollins | Sep 2, 2015 |

Bill Grossmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hawkes, KevinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Evelyn and Mike Anischik -B.G.
To Jessie, who entertains us all -K.H.
My little sister ate 1 hare.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 051788576X, Paperback)

In this uproariously funny counting book, illustrated by popular artist Kevin Hawkes, a ravenous little sister eats everything from one hare to ten peas. Now in Dragonfly, this is the perfect book for any kid who loves to giggle (and who doesn't?) and parents who love to hear them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:52 -0400)

Little sister has no problem eating one hare, two snakes, and three ants, but when she gets to ten peas, she throws up quite a mess.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,894,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible