Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 18)…

Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 18) (edition 2010)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:moppety
Title:Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 18)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 192 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Witches, Horror, Zombies, Weres

Flirt by Laurell K. Hamilton

Same Anita, a little more about her at work, a little less sex, but the shorter length still made the book overall lacking. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Anita meets with a woman who wants her to reanimate her dead husband so she can take a horrendous revenge out on him. Anita flatly refuses. Anita also has a client who wants her to reanimate his deceased wife and when she turns him down, he reacts badly and has her kidnapped. Micah, Nathaniel, and Jason, as always, provide good supporting lines and character to the story line; Jean Claude and the rest of the vampires are a no-show in this novella however; much the pity in this readers opinion, but still overall the storyline keeps you reading. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Why did I do this to myself? Why return to Anita Blake, when all she does is annoy and frustrate me?

Because I am a fool.

But as foolish as I am, at least I didn't write a novel in which all the male characters tell Anita how hot and desirable and wonderful she is for an entire chapter. Is there a plot? Sure, but it's solved in about two minutes. Truthfully, there are so many problems with this story that it’s hard to know what to complain about most.

-The pages upon pages of descriptions of each man’s hair, eyes, muscles, and dreadful clothing choices?
-The chapter in which nothing happens except Anita and her waiter flirting with each other?
-The way the reader is repeatedly reminded that every single other female character is stupider, meaner, and less pretty than Anita?
-How every single time Anita does anything, all the male characters comment on how amazing and astounding it is?
-How Anita Blake uses magic to take away someone’s free will for the rest of his life? And then has sex with him? And then has a long discussion with her other boyfriends about whether she should “keep” him, while the poor dude listens and weeps? And then all her boyfriends comfort her about how hard it must have been on her?
-Or ooh, how ‘bout how we’re supposed to think Anita is oh-so-moral because she refuses to raise zombies that someone wants to have sex with, but then she raises zombies and forces them to kill and eat people? Including their own family members?

This series better end with someone chopping her head off, because at this point Anita Blake is actively evil.
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Really a novella. Only one sex scene and it wasn't overdone as usual. Really kind of tame compared to most of hers. She now has all her animals covered with having a male counterpart. Looks like she'll need to add another one to her list. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
This is the first Anita book in quite awhile where I felt that the story actually took precedence over the sex. It also was nice to get back to connecting with her job. I do like the darker tone of Hamilton's Anita books, but this one felt like it had a lot more balance than being just about violence and sex and "oh yeah, there should be a plot here" and I enjoyed it way more than the last few Anita books. ( )
  DuchessofHazard | Nov 29, 2015 |
This one's for Daven and Wendi, friends who finally taught me the fine art of flirting. Thanks for the inspiration.
For Jonathon, too, because he was there by my side when inspiration struck. he has taught me that to be happy with someone, first they must be my friend. Without that there can be nothing else.
"I WANT YOU to raise my wife from the dead, Ms. Blake," Tony Bennington said, in a voice that matched the expensive suit and the flash of the Rolex on his right wrist.

When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss. Anita knows something about love, and she knows everything there is to know about loss. But what she also knows, though Tony Bennington seems unwilling to be convinced, is that the thing she can do as a necromancer isn't the miracle he thinks he needs. The creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs.Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs.Bennington. Not really. And not for long.

When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss ... but the creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs. Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs. Bennington. Not really. And not for long.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,703,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible