Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson

Undead and Unworthy

by MaryJanice Davidson, Lesley Worrell (Cover designer), Don Sipley (Cover artist), Kristen del Rasario (Designer)

Member:JalenV
Title:Undead and Unworthy
Authors:MaryJanice Davidson
Other authors:Lesley Worrell (Cover designer), Don Sipley (Cover artist), Kristen del Rasario (Designer)
Info:Jove (2009), Edition: Reprint of hardcover, Paperback edition: 1st, Printing: 1st, 304 pages, of which 281 are numbered. Jove Books are published by the Berkley Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Group (USA), Inc., New York. Cover price: $7.99 US, $9.99 Canada.
Tags:Betsy Taylor, vampires, werewolves

Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson

Good book. Didn't know that I was jumping into the middle of a series but well worth the read. Was quick and easy to read. A new twist on vampires for me was a nice change. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jul 18, 2013 |
New story arc. New cover art. Read the intro from MJD...otherwise, you may get royally unhappy. ( )
  lesmel | Jun 3, 2013 |
Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I liked this book but I will say the continued repetitive references to things from the previous books gets old. The books either need to be written as books with their own story with a little back story reference needed or just give up and assume that the reader has already read the other stories. I would say at least 1/4 of the book is writing of Betsy's thoughts about things that happened in previous books. If you haven't already read the previous books then it just makes you feel like you missed something (like an inside joke you don't quite get) and if you did read the books then it is just repetitive.

I will also say that I did NOT like the ending! I really liked Antonia and Garrett and could not believe that they died. Hopefully they will be coming back as ghosts. ( )
  dlinglis | Apr 21, 2013 |
The first half started out strong with Davidson's trademark humor and snarkiness. I've learned to never read her books in public lest I start giggling like an idiot and embarrass myself.

That said, I didn't really care for the second half. The book ended on a serious downer so I really hope the author isn't going to try to make the plotlines more serious from now on.

This series is fantastic for the zany characters and hilarious plot-thickenings. It would be a shame to drown that in real drama. ( )
  ElizabethConard | Apr 5, 2013 |

MaryJanice Davidsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
wu, nancyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bored, I crossed the carpet in five steps, climbed up on Sinclair's desk, and kissed him.
This is how you spend your time? Squabbling with people who don't bathe?

Having recently lost her dad and step-mother, Betsy Sinclair (nee Taylor) is adjusting to rather more than just married life. Their untimely deaths have left her and Sinclair as sole guardians of her little brother, Jon. Two vampire parents - albeit vampire royalty - for a decidedly human baby. But then the ghost of Betsy's step-mother turns up at their house. And as stubborn and insufferable as she was in life, she's even more annoying in death ...

Seventh in the hilarious New York Times bestselling series featuring Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor?now with a hot new look.

The series New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan calls ?DELIGH TFUL, Wicked Fun? is looking hotter than ever?

?No one does humorous romantic fantasy better than the incomparable MaryJanice Davidson? (The Best Reviews), and nobody reigns over the undead with more savvy than her heroine Betsy Taylor, back to rule the nights as Vampire Queen??and survive the days as a new suburban bride. But it?s not all marital bliss. Betsy?s husband, Sinclair, has been perusing The Book of the Dead, Betsy?s being hounded by a ghost who?s even more insufferable in death than in life, and a pack of formerly feral vampires has decided to pay an unwelcome visit?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:44 -0400)

Just another happy American family adjusting to marital bliss-- if you're a couple of vampires, your reading list includes The book of the dead, and you're being visited by an annoying ghost who blames you for her death.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,700,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible