Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Sing Me to Sleep

by Angela Morrison

This book wasn't that good. I was really excited to read it because, I know I shouldn't, but I judge a book by its cover and this one made it look so good plus the sleeve thing sounded good too. But it gets really predictable and she becomes so clingy and whiny all the time. I honestly could not even finish reading it along with there being a love triangle which everyone knows who gets picked in the end most times. Moreover though I just didn't really like it and thought it would get better but it never did. So I was really disappointed. ( )
  baumallison | Jan 25, 2016 |
When I started this book, I thought, Great! I'm in for an enjoyable read, as it reminded me of "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks. Unfortunately this didn't last. Beth absolutely annoyed me once she met Derek. She was spineless, ungrateful and a whiner, and her beautiful singing voice become secondary to the story. All she wanted to do was pounce on her new boyfriend and make-out, which they did until it became quite sickening. How she treated Scott, her best friend, was also despicable and personally I didn't think she was worthy of either boy, although both of them tried to manipulate her in their own way. Yes, the ending was sad, but not sad enough for me - could have been so much better. I wanted to be sobbing by the end, but hardly shed a tear. Very disappointing!!! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Because of the importance of this kind of subject I can't give the book less than 5 stars...but even without the "meaningfullness", the story and the author merit them as well.
Beth's story, but also the stories of those who are around her, are real and so true it's difficult to not relate with all of them.
Thanks to the author for a beautiful, heart-wrenching story. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
I like it enough to finish in one day.
Was not enjoying the "relationship" but I needed to know the secret.

Will get around to reviewing this one better when I have a few hours. ( )
  Amoonsiong | Sep 24, 2013 |
I like it enough to finish in one day.
Was not enjoying the "relationship" but I needed to know the secret.

Will get around to reviewing this one better when I have a few hours. ( )
  Amoonsiong | Sep 24, 2013 |
For Matt, who left us too soon.
Damn, she's ugly.

An unattractive seventeen-year-old who has a beautiful singing voice undergoes a physical transformation before performing in a singing competition with her choir in Switzerland, where she meets a boy with troubling secrets, and they fall in love.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,448,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible