Jane Bites Back: A Novel by Michael Thomas…

Jane Bites Back: A Novel (edition 2009)

by Michael Thomas Ford

Member:attolia
Title:Jane Bites Back: A Novel
Authors:Michael Thomas Ford
Info:
Rating:***1/2
Tags:2010, fiction, fantasy

Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford

English (48)  Swedish (1)  All languages (49)
It was a good first book to set up the universe. A little predictable, if you're half aware. I liked it and I would read it again(the highest praise I can give). I would also recommend it to people who have at least a passing knowledge of Romantic Period authors. ( )
  cmlasky | Oct 20, 2014 |
Disappointing. A novel, no matter how light and fluffy, featuring Jane Austen as a character should have that character acting like Jane Austen. ( )
  BooksCatsEtc | Oct 20, 2014 |
If I wasn't colossally bored, I wouldn't have picked it up. And as it was, I shouldn't have, as I was procrastinating. The story's fine, the characters are fun, but I was annoyed that characters from history were appropriated in such a cavalier way. Yes, I can read Jane Austen detective mysteries. Yes, I suppose I can read a vampire-love story, but did it have to make Charlotte Bronte out to be such a wacko?? Deducted points for cheap shots. ( )
  margaret.pinard | Jul 24, 2014 |
Jane Austen as a vampire. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. Quick read. Very fun! ( )
  njcur | Feb 21, 2014 |
Quick Review...for when I don't have a lot to say...

It's no secret that I adore Austen adaptations. In fact, one of my lesser-known goals is to read ALL THE ADAPTATIONS. (Okay, MOST of them. I won't read the gross-out mashups.) When I saw this series, written by a man, I knew I had to get in on the fun.

I wasn't disappointed. This series is just plain fun, and sometimes downright hilarious. I love that Jane Austen is an actual character in them, even if she is undead. Her inclusion added that special touch that the series needed to stand out.

There are twists that I definitely didn't see coming, but enjoyed nonetheless. I won't spoil those for you, but be prepared to laugh out loud when you meet some of the supporting characters. I nearly died laughing.

The book is well-written and one that I'll put on my 'to buy' list. I have a special shelf for all the adaptations, of course. This series will be a nice addition to my collection.

3.5 Eiffel Towers ( )
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |
We know what you’re thinking: OHGODNOTANOTHERMONSTERMASHUPMAKEITSTOOOOOOOOOP! ANDHOWDARETHEYDOTHATTOJANEAUSTENANYWAY? While normally we might feel the same way, to tell the truth, we were intrigued by the description of Jane Bites Back the first time we read about it in Publisher’s Lunch. Admit it, Vampire Jane getting revenge on those who take advantage of her literary legacy kicks all kinds of butt in concept. It remained to be seen whether the author could follow through on that amusing premise. Fortunately, Michael Thomas Ford pulled it off; Vampire Jane is much more human and enjoyable than the chocolate-box saint that many Janeites have created in her image. She’s a lady—but with a bite.

For Liz Waters, who gives very good advice
It was not, of course, exactly what Jane had written to her sister that long-ago Christmas Eve, but the sentiment was the same.

Two hundred years after her death, Jane Austen is still surrounded by the literature she loves--but now it's because she's the owner of Flyleaf Books in a sleepy college town in Upstate New York--and a vampire, too. Suddenly in the spotlight, she must hide her real identity--and fend off a dark man from her past while juggling two modern suitors.… (more)

Michael Thomas Ford is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,368,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible