Drive: The Surprising Truth About What…

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (2009)

by Daniel H. Pink

English (61)  Spanish (1)  All languages (62)
A very interesting read. He doesn't successfully make his case at the outset, but builds up steam as he goes along and makes it much more convincing and concrete. As with many books of this genre, each chapter can be exploded into libraries of work. Still, despite its brevity, he parlays his theories in full. The coda is quite entertaining as well, with ideas, workshops, summaries, pointers, talking-points and my favorite thing for an author to do: book recommendations. I'm happy to say I've read much of his list.
  MartinBodek | Jun 11, 2015 |
Selected e-content from Google Books: https://goo.gl/pOcKqb
Review from World Cat:
Pink argues that the secret to high performance and satisfaction in today's world is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
  COREEducation | Jun 3, 2015 |
Everything we think we know about human motivation, rewards and punishment is wrong and outdated. ( )
  JorgeCarvajal | Feb 13, 2015 |
Business, education and politics persist in ignoring the pertinent science of human behavior. ( )
  TulsaTV | Dec 27, 2014 |
Some extraordinary insights into motivation. A must read for managers and a brilliant read for psychology lovers. ( )
  donnambr | Nov 27, 2014 |
For Sophia, Eliza, and Saul -
the surprising trio that motivates me
In the middle of the last century, two scientists conducted experiments that should have changed the world - but did not.

Canongate Books

2 editions of this book were published by Canongate Books.

Editions: 1847677681, 184767769X

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,482,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible