The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny by Simon…

The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny (edition 2010)

by Simon R. Green

Member:steverud
Title:The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny
Authors:Simon R. Green
Info:Ace (2010), Upplaga: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 288 sidor
Rating:**
Tags:Urban Fantasy, Contemporary Fantasy, Alternative Reality, Investigation, Magic, Nightside, Book Series, 20th Century, Repeated jokes

The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny by Simon R. Green

Wow! What a fun book!
I have to read the rest of this series!

kevbayer | Jun 20, 2014 |
Same as the last book which was the same as the book before that which was the same as the book before that. ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
I liked this one a lot better than the previous book. Less religious and more fantasy. Not sure how to feel about the end to a certain individual...I wasn't sure if I liked or hated him. But in the end sort of got what he wanted. ( )
  AdriaFaye | Jul 18, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
"Something is coming to the Nightside, John, something very old and very powerful, enough to scare even me. It could change everything."
I leaned forward, caught up in his intensity. "How do you mean, 'change'?"
"Something that could save or damn us all." He smiled briefly. "Whether we like it or not. Which rather begs the question: what could be powerful enough to enforce its will upon the whole Nightside and make it stick?"
"My mother is gone," I said steadily. "And she won't be coming back."
"Well, that's good to know. But I wasn't thinking of her. This is a legend that made itself true, an artefact that can rewrite history. A weapon that could sweep the stars out of the sky."
"Does it have a name?" I said.
"Oh yes. And it's a name you'll know. But don't be fooled by the glamour. The stories were rewritten many times, to disguise just how terrible it is."

Walker is dying and is trying to persuade John Taylor to take over his job, an elf lord employs him to help him get safely across the Nightside, and zombie private eye Larry Oblivion wants his help in finding out what happened to his brother Tommy Oblivion, missing presumed dead since the Lilith War, for which he has always blamed John Taylor. During the course of the book, Taylor receives several warnings about something old and terrible that is coming to the Nightside setting the scene for what promises to be an exciting climax to this series.

There are two books left in this rejuvenated series and they are already on my shelf waiting, but I am going to have to restrain myself and leave it at least a couple of months before reading them, as I know that I get bored if I read too many books in the same series too close together. ( )
  isabelx | Apr 6, 2013 |

Simon R. Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Barkat, JonathanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The good, the bad, and the uncanny. We're all in there somewhere.
This is the Nightside.
Drugs don't just destroy who you are; they destroy all the people you might have been.
If this is consensus reality, some of us are cheating.

Things were going so well for P.I. John Taylor, that it was only a matter of time before everything hit the fan. Walker, the powerful, ever-present, never-to-be-trusted agent who runs the Nightside on behalf of The Authorities, is dying. And he wants John to be his successor--a job that comes with more baggage, and more enemies, than anyone can possibly imagine.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible