Bitterblue (Graceling) by Kristin Cashore

Bitterblue (Graceling) (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Kristin Cashore (Author)

Member:TheHallowWillow
Title:Bitterblue (Graceling)
Authors:Kristin Cashore (Author)
Info:Firebird (2013), Edition: Reprint, 608 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:Politics, Love, Magic, Fantasy, Morality

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (2012)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Cpassmore)
    Fire by Kristin Cashore (Anonymous user)
    Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia A. McKillip (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For code breaking an unknown language; for libraries of secrets.
    Deerskin by Robin McKinley (emperatrix)
    emperatrix: similar themes, both are dark YA novels about girls overcoming emotional struggles
    Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For inheriting the shattered remains of a kingdom.
    A Great and Terrible Beauty / Rebel Angels / The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (cablesclasses)
    Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: And now for something completely different...

English (173)  German (2)  All languages (175)
Mijn volledige recensie is terug te vinden op:

Ook in Bitterblauw geeft Kristin Cashore heeft een nieuwe wereld geschapen, waar houden van niet automatisch inhoud dat je trouwt. Maar dat je elkaar de vrijheid gunt. Stoer! ( )
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
I waited to read Bitterblue because I was not ready for the trilogy to be over. Cashore does not disappoint, my friends. If you loved Graceling and Fire you will love Bitterblue and you shouldn't wait as long to read it as I did :)

I love Cashore's writing and stellar characters. For me, if the characters have depth and are well developed, I am hooked. And I was. I loved following Bitterblue ten years after her father's reign and this is an amazing coming of age story like no other! It is deep and dark at times, but beautiful too. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
2.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this final outing in the Graceling series. I enjoyed seeing Bitterblue as an adult (well, 18 year old!), trying to come to terms with the horrible things that happened in her kingdom in the past. The interaction between Bitterblue and her advisors was very interesting but also painful to watch. I loved the side trips Bitterblue made into the city and the things she learned there.

Overall, I highly recommend this book. In fact the whole series ... it's very different from *our* world, but that's how fantasy should be. I enjoyed the differences and different perspectives! ( )
  PaulaNoakes | Aug 13, 2018 |
I brought this because Tamora Pierce "blurbed" it without recognising the author or that it was part of the Graceling series

Now I read the book and a really loved it! It was un-put-down-able! Which is a quality I love in a book. It was also heartbreaking and it has turned me on to second world fantasy again - a genre I had grown bored with. ( )
  macthekat82 | May 22, 2018 |

Kristin Cashoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Elbrick, XantheNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kelly, JenniferDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schoenherr, IanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one was always for Dorothy
When he grabs Mama's wrist and yanks her toward the wall-hanging like that, it must hurt.

Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck's reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle--disguised and alone--to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.

Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart.

Eighteen-year-old Bitterblue, queen of Monsea, realizes her heavy responsibility and the futility of relying on advisors who surround her with lies as she tries to help her people to heal from the thirty-five-year spell cast by her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kristin Cashore's book Bitterblue was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,581,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible