Bitterblue (Graceling) by Kristin Cashore
Member:EscritoraSarita
Title:Bitterblue (Graceling)
Authors:Kristin Cashore
Other authors:Ian Schoenherr (Illustrator)
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 576 pages
Tags:ARC, read in 2012, sff, ya

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Cpassmore)
    Fire by Kristin Cashore (Anonymous user)
    Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia A. McKillip (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For code breaking an unknown language; for libraries of secrets.
    Deerskin by Robin McKinley (emperatrix)
    emperatrix: similar themes, both are dark YA novels about girls overcoming emotional struggles
    Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For inheriting the shattered remains of a kingdom.
    A Great and Terrible Beauty / Rebel Angels / The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (cablesclasses)
    Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: And now for something completely different...

English (161)  German (2)  All languages (163)
I already want to read it again. Must reread Graceling, because I've forgotten most of it. Want to read Fire again, too, because there are vague references to it and I couldn't even remember most of the plot. I love these books so very much. Hoping there's going to be another, but depressed that it won't be for a long time if there is. This book was absolutely fantastic.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
I really, really wanted to enjoy this book, but I didn't. While I was captivated by "Graceling" and loved "Fire" even more, "Bitterblue" was a bitter disappointment. The first two books were fast-paced and action packed with strong female protagonists, but "Bitterblue" was a real struggle to get through. It took me nearly a week to read. I'd read a few pages then stop, then try again, but I just couldn't connect with this book. Queen Bitterblue was whiny, annoying and rather weak, and even though Katsa and Po made a number of appearances, they weren't the wonderful characters I fell in love with in "Graceling" - in fact I hardly recognized them. Overall, this book was sadly lacking and fans of the other two books will be left wanting. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
This one had some disturbing stuff in it. But if you are already involved in the series and want to read more about the amazing po and katsa then you might like it. ( )
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |

Kristin Cashoreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Elbrick, XantheNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kelly, JenniferDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schoenherr, IanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one was always for Dorothy
When he grabs Mama's wrist and yanks her toward the wall-hanging like that, it must hurt.

Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck's reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle--disguised and alone--to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.

Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn't yet identified, holds a key to her heart.

Eighteen-year-old Bitterblue, queen of Monsea, realizes her heavy responsibility and the futility of relying on advisors who surround her with lies as she tries to help her people to heal from the thirty-five-year spell cast by her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities.… (more)

537 wanted7 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,113,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible