The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

The Sky Is Everywhere (edition 2011)

by Jandy Nelson

Member:sguzick
Title:The Sky Is Everywhere
Authors:Jandy Nelson
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:death, family, fiction, first love, friendship, grief, high school, loss, love, love triangle, music, realistic fiction, relationships, romance, sisters, teen, young adult

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler (kaledrina)
    Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: While this book isn't about grieving, it certainly is about music/singing. The musicians/singers will love this book.
    Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine (weener)
    weener: Want a less overwritten book about grieving for a sibling? Try Broken Soup.

i cried through 99 percent of this book and loved almost every second of it. ( )
  eevoss | Apr 21, 2016 |
Took a simple love story and changed it with many other factors and events. Also an interesting twist on a girl becoming a young adult. ( )
  AKlezek | Apr 14, 2016 |
First of all, my copy is so beautiful, it was the reason I bought the book, and the graphic designer is so smart.
Second of all, I started reading the book and I am surprised that I actually like it. I so want to push Toby of a cliff!!! I really like Joe, He is so Heathcliff-ish!!!! Is Lennie blind (Lennie Walker (aka John Lennon) - Sisterless, lasagna maker, Heathcliff-obsessed and hoplelessly in love though she's grieving!)!? Who would want a Toby when there is a Joe?!? This book is beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! It takes grief into a new level!! Poetic! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

I really need to re-read this book soon! I LOVED it!

I know it is silly but while I read any book I like to imagine who would play the characters in a movie.

The Fontaine brothers reminded me of Jonas brothers so Joe Fontaine was Joes Jonas in my mind... So Marcus Fontaine was Nick Jonas and DougFred Fontaine was Kevin Jonas.

But the only young actresses with curly hair I know are Emmy Rossum and Anna-Lynne McCord, maybe Emmy would play Lennie (she seems sensitive and all) and Anna would play Bailey (because she is fun and very pretty) (I know she must have black hair!! But really!!! That's all I came with). ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This book is similar in many ways to Nelson's I'll Give You the Sun, and is almost as good. I enjoyed reading the little notes and poems that Lennie writes and leaves around town. Lennie's vibrant older sister dies before the book opens, leaving Lennie and the rest of her family stunned. Lennie eventually learns to let herself shine, but not before engaging in some self-destructive behavior with her sister's ex-boyfriend. ( )
  hoorayforreading | Mar 4, 2016 |
For my mother.
Gram is worried about me. Its not because my sister Bailey died four weeks ago, or because my mother hasnt contacted me in sixteen years, or even because suddenly all i think about is sex. She is worried about me because one of her houseplants has spots.

To wake or sleep look
or listen still just me no
goodbye just blue sky

In the months after her sister dies, seventeen-year-old Lennie falls into a love triangle and discovers the strength to follow her dream of becoming a musician.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,826,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible