Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Forgive My Fins (edition 2010)

by Tera Lynn Childs

Tags:fantasy, mermaids, romance, teen

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Cover

4/5

I like the cover's colors, the title writing...but I'm just not wild about the "face" on the cover...not that she's not pretty, but it's just...I don't know...I'm just not fond of it..although I like her makeup and hair..so, I'm kind of iffy about it

Book Review

4.5/5

The book in itself was really good...But nothing I would go screaming about from the roof-tops. It's more of a 'Little Mermaid-ish' but for teens but with a bit of a twist..even the 'Little Mermaid' was mentioned..And I kind of had to agree...lol.. (I would say it was written more for 6-8 graders..maybe as early as 4th grade)..It's a sweet story and had you wanting to know what happened to them, and how they got to where they were..

And of course, there's a cliff hanger, which makes you want to know what happens next. So, more than likely, I will be going on to the next book...just to see what happened. It's another book that I have to say that I was iffy about because my first thought was...Mermaids? Really? Well, let me see how I fee about this one

The obsession she had for one guy kind of got on my nerves...And I wanted to smack her a few times...but I guess at her age, it can be kind of understandable that you "obsess" over a crush..I guess we all had SOME kind of form of it over a crush..but eventually, we kind of move on and get over it and learn as we grow older. And I will stop here before I give away the rest of the story. It is worth looking into and trying to read if you love mermaids and anything underwater, mixed in with a blossoming romance & not the insta-love. :-)
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I love mermaids so when I found this book I had to read it. Such a fun short read. When two enemies start to grow feelings for one another a huge secret is revealed. With one kiss their lives are changed and challenges arise. The Author created a great storyline with wondeful characters. There is love, laughter, and friendship. The magical descriptions within this book were great. Definitely makes you want to be a mermaid princess that lives in a castle under the sea. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I really liked this as the beginning of a series. I am a mermaid nerd so I adore that aspect and I've not read any mermaid books before this! I liked the blossoming of the relationship between the two main characters and I kind liked how clueless Lily was to it all. I was a bit disappointed about the severing, but I'm hoping that something gets worked out in the next book to make everything still possible for her. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone into mermaids, paranormal romance, or princesses. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This book. My word this book was just awful. The guy was cute, I will give you that but the girl was horrible! Like Mary Sue much? Ugh. Don't waste your time. Seriously. ( )
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
For Sarah, because she took me with her
Water calms me.

Seventeen-year-old Lily, half-mermaid and half-human, has been living on land and attending high school, where she develops a crush on a boy but is afraid to tell him of her true destiny as the ruler of the undersea kingdom of Thalassinia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,426,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible