Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Forgive My Fins (edition 2011)

by Tera Lynn Childs

Title:Forgive My Fins
Authors:Tera Lynn Childs
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

I love mermaids so when I found this book I had to read it. Such a fun short read. When two enemies start to grow feelings for one another a huge secret is revealed. With one kiss their lives are changed and challenges arise. The Author created a great storyline with wondeful characters. There is love, laughter, and friendship. The magical descriptions within this book were great. Definitely makes you want to be a mermaid princess that lives in a castle under the sea. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I really liked this as the beginning of a series. I am a mermaid nerd so I adore that aspect and I've not read any mermaid books before this! I liked the blossoming of the relationship between the two main characters and I kind liked how clueless Lily was to it all. I was a bit disappointed about the severing, but I'm hoping that something gets worked out in the next book to make everything still possible for her. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone into mermaids, paranormal romance, or princesses. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This book. My word this book was just awful. The guy was cute, I will give you that but the girl was horrible! Like Mary Sue much? Ugh. Don't waste your time. Seriously. ( )
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is a "cute" story, but rather shallow even for YA. It looks as it might turn into a series...but I don't think I'm going to read the next one.

Um...the girl (I don't remember her name) is a mermaid with a human mother & Poseidon as her father. She is very shallow & self-centered.

She is currently living with her human aunt and attending h.s.

She has a major crush (obsession) on the most popular boy, who ignores her...while the most aggravating boy is her next door neighbor, and is always hanging around.

She is not "popular" and not doing well in school....

She is determined to be the most popular boy's girlfriend, but that is not going as planned.......

And when the most aggravating boy kisses her....well that's when the real story begins & things begin to happen and we understand what is really going on with her.

There could have been a lot more to the book that would have made it good & interesting reading...but I found the plot to be as shallow as the main character...

Considering that many Teens are reading at a much higher reading level, I'd say that this is more suited to Young Teens...as the bareness of the plot & simple vocabulary will bore most Teens. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
For Sarah, because she took me with her
Water calms me.

Seventeen-year-old Lily, half-mermaid and half-human, has been living on land and attending high school, where she develops a crush on a boy but is afraid to tell him of her true destiny as the ruler of the undersea kingdom of Thalassinia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,722,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible