Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Forgive My Fins (edition 2011)

by Tera Lynn Childs

Member:YABookieMonster
Title:Forgive My Fins
Authors:Tera Lynn Childs
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:*****

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

This book. My word this book was just awful. The guy was cute, I will give you that but the girl was horrible! Like Mary Sue much? Ugh. Don't waste your time. Seriously. ( )
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is a "cute" story, but rather shallow even for YA. It looks as it might turn into a series...but I don't think I'm going to read the next one.

Um...the girl (I don't remember her name) is a mermaid with a human mother & Poseidon as her father. She is very shallow & self-centered.

She is currently living with her human aunt and attending h.s.

She has a major crush (obsession) on the most popular boy, who ignores her...while the most aggravating boy is her next door neighbor, and is always hanging around.

She is not "popular" and not doing well in school....

She is determined to be the most popular boy's girlfriend, but that is not going as planned.......

And when the most aggravating boy kisses her....well that's when the real story begins & things begin to happen and we understand what is really going on with her.

There could have been a lot more to the book that would have made it good & interesting reading...but I found the plot to be as shallow as the main character...

Considering that many Teens are reading at a much higher reading level, I'd say that this is more suited to Young Teens...as the bareness of the plot & simple vocabulary will bore most Teens. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Perhaps a bit campy at times, but I loved the main character and her quirks, and really enjoyed the story as well particularly when it veered from expectations. ( )
  LaPhenix | Nov 22, 2015 |
Cover

4/5

I like the cover's colors, the title writing...but I'm just not wild about the "face" on the cover...not that she's not pretty, but it's just...I don't know...I'm just not fond of it..although I like her makeup and hair..so, I'm kind of iffy about it

Book Review

4.5/5

The book in itself was really good...But nothing I would go screaming about from the roof-tops. It's more of a 'Little Mermaid-ish' but for teens but with a bit of a twist..even the 'Little Mermaid' was mentioned..And I kind of had to agree...lol.. (I would say it was written more for 6-8 graders..maybe as early as 4th grade)..It's a sweet story and had you wanting to know what happened to them, and how they got to where they were..

And of course, there's a cliff hanger, which makes you want to know what happens next. So, more than likely, I will be going on to the next book...just to see what happened. It's another book that I have to say that I was iffy about because my first thought was...Mermaids? Really? Well, let me see how I fee about this one

The obsession she had for one guy kind of got on my nerves...And I wanted to smack her a few times...but I guess at her age, it can be kind of understandable that you "obsess" over a crush..I guess we all had SOME kind of form of it over a crush..but eventually, we kind of move on and get over it and learn as we grow older. And I will stop here before I give away the rest of the story. It is worth looking into and trying to read if you love mermaids and anything underwater, mixed in with a blossoming romance & not the insta-love. :-)
  MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
For Sarah, because she took me with her
Water calms me.

Seventeen-year-old Lily, half-mermaid and half-human, has been living on land and attending high school, where she develops a crush on a boy but is afraid to tell him of her true destiny as the ruler of the undersea kingdom of Thalassinia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,257,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible