Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld,…

Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, Book 11) (edition 2010)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:RabidReads
Title:Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, Book 11)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Dutton Adult (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:Witches, Magic, Canadian, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy

Waking The Witch by Kelley Armstrong

Savannah is all grown up and wants to take on a PI case on her own. With Paige and Lucas on vacation in Hawaii, she gets her wish. Set in a fictitious little town near Vancouver and Battle Ground, Washington, its nice that its kind of 'local'. Fast read. Not sure if it was the large print and spacing though. Still a good read and continuation of the storyline. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
CLIFFHANGER ENDING !!!!!!!!!!!! ARGUH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ! it was so intense, it was just almost there and then it hit the fan and .......the end.
Crispy Hell, I want to know what happens and I don't have the next book yet.
Savannah has grown up to be a big girl with big girl problems and a dark past that haunts her to this day. She gets her first case to solve on her own well kind of on her own men keep popping up. Her lust for Adam is still not going anywhere but her lust for another boy/man is a Detective from Dallas is heating up the look out. Then there is her new semi partner on this case and he's not so bad himself. Savannah does her best, she follows the leads and in this town it's not easy, small town police don't care for her much nor do several of the town folk. Things go from hassled to disastrous quickly, lives end and others are changed forever.
What a charged read this was I was totally cheering for Savannah. On the edge of my seat. i was not expecting to like this book at all, I've not liked her as a character before. I was wrong, she's good. Now if she'd just do what want her to do...... ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
savannah Levine is a witch who works for a private detective agency. While everyone else is out of town Savannah gets to investigate her first solo case. Jesse Ames, a fellow PI, asks for help investigating the death of two women six months ago and a similar detah two weeks ago, both with ritualistic tones. This book is part of a series and I haven't read any others in the series. For most of the book it didn't matter but I think the ending would be more interesting if I had more backstory on the characters. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
Couldn't wait to finish it (stayed up WAY too late reading it the last 3 nights) and then didn't want it to end. And now how long do I have to wait for the next one?! Whatever the timeframe, it'll be too long!! Kelley Armstrong is one amazing writer! ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
This next installment in the Otherworld series features Savannah Levine, daughter of Eve. Since losing her mother Savannah has lived and worked with Paige and Lucas. A seemingly simple case falls into her lap and Savannah strikes out on her own as a PI in this book. Seemingly simple turns into complicated and dangerous, not only testing Savannah’s powers as a witch but as an adult as well.

I have read and enjoyed Ms. Armstrong’s book since Bitten. Waking the Witch does keep us up to date on some of the characters from previous books, but it has a slightly different tone. Although older now than when we met her previously, at 21 Savannah is still younger than characters in previous books in the series. Having read Ms. Armstrong’s YA series, this book seems like a transition between the two. A cliffhanger ending means another book in the series.

According to Ms. Armstrong’s website, this series will be ending with the Savannah books. She does promise a self-standing book every once in a while to revisit the characters. I have enjoyed this series and will be sorry to see it end, but look forward to what new books she has planned.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
To Jeff
For the first time since Claire Kennedy died last week, there wasn't a police officer guarding the site of her murder.

Using the powers she inherited from her dark witch mother and notorious wizard father to solve crimes, beautiful spell-casting investigator Savannah Levine is recruited to track down a supernatural killer.

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,195,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible