Batman & Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn by…

Batman & Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely (Illustrator), Philip Tan (Illustrator)

218None53,078 (3.87)3
Member:seandavidross
Title:Batman & Robin, Vol. 1: Batman Reborn
Authors:Grant Morrison
Other authors:Frank Quitely (Illustrator), Philip Tan (Illustrator)
Info:DC Comics (2011), Paperback, 168 pages

Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn by Grant Morrison (2010)

Recently added byhdcclassic, DylanCharles, KJLISS, private library, jcosgayon, CaliSoleil, JennReads, Kara_Thrace

Honestly I'm going to try to never think of the plot ever again. It was both disturbing and quite disgusting. It involved a lot of disfigurement as well. Ew.

So, moving on. I loved the art. And Dick Grayson as the New Batman and Damian, Batman's genetic son, as the new Robin, was interesting and different, then the other incarnations.

Also while I loved the art for the most part, I did not like the new bat-mobile which is just ugly and weird looking.

A good few issues, but not great ones. ( )
  DanieXJ | Apr 9, 2014 |
Not Morrison's best but still good. ( )
  ptdilloway | Nov 21, 2013 |
I’ve been pretty resistant to the Grant Morrison Batman books because of all the radical changes: Bruce Wayne is dead, he has a son named Damian, Damian is now Robin, Dick Grayson (the original Robin) is Batman, Bruce Wayne is actually not dead but lost in time... It’s all a bit much.

Still, this first collection of the Batman & Robin books featuring Dick and Damian is a pretty good read. These are some of the most fun and yet dark/bloody Batman stories I’ve read in some time. And it’s nice to see a focus on two Batman heroes, rather than the veritable Batman family featured in the books preceding the Grant Morrison run. Unlike the dynamic duo of yore, Batman and Robin don’t always get along, but in the end they always come together to stop the bad guys. Morrison also invents a gaggle of psychotic new villains who fit into Gotham perfectly. And the artwork by Frank Quitely and Philip Tan is always colorful and expressive.

I’m probably still going to avoid the Bruce-as-caveman comics, but happy to see there still is good writing in Batman. ( )
  wethewatched | Sep 24, 2013 |
New Batman and New Robin within a New story line makes for a great New story. Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman and Tim Drake is no longer Robin. I recommend people read this bold new story to find out who this new batman and robin are.
  indplsbookfest | Nov 21, 2010 |
Enjoyed this a lot more than a thought I would. It made Batman feel fresh. I like Richard Grayson as Batman, and I'm glad he's not going to be giving up the cowl anytime soon. ( )
  andystehr | Oct 19, 2010 |

"Batman Reborn" begins here. The new Dynamic Duo hit the streets with a bang in their new flying Batmobile as they face off against an assemblage of villains called the Circus of Strange. They also tackle their first mission investigating a child who's been abducted by the mysterious Domino Killer. But will everything go smoothly? And who exactly are the new Batman and Robin? The newest era of The Dark Knight begins here!… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible