Mastered By Love by Stephanie Laurens

I was very disappointed in this book. Here was a character we have been reading about throughout the whole series. He was cloaked in mystery and danger.This could have been a really good story. I feel like SL just got tired of the series and just recycled another one of the books in the series just to get it over with. After spending so much time reading these books and waiting for the identity of Dalziel to be revealed, this was a huge letdown. ( )
  jldhuse | Jun 7, 2016 |
Last in the Bastion series and finally the traitor is caught! Royce aka Dalziel resigns his commission and returns home after his father's death to his dukedom. He needs to marry quickly and father a son, so the Royal's don't snitch his fiefdom away. But the lady he wants, his chatelaine Minerva, doesn't want to marry him? And the elusive traitor is getting closer - and is a member of Royce's family. The traitor didn't get caught until the last 15 pages of the book - and abrupt ending. ( )
  nancynova | Feb 27, 2016 |
This review may not be as extensive as I have written in the past that is due to family problems I just haven't been able to muster the where withal to write a great review. I loved this book and all the characters therein. The story is a great ending to the series and I wished that it would go on for much longer than it did. I will say that the mystery of the last traitor is solved and it was someone I would never have guessed. It was nice to see some of the characters from the earlier books. We also see some more of Devil Cynster and he still isn't married. I wasn't disappointed at all about any part of this story. Royce proved that he was wonderful man that I knew he could. His mate is a perfect match for the arrogant, overbearing and leader that Royce is. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  LadyIsis | Dec 11, 2014 |
I adore this series!! Stephanie Laurens is a master at the Alpha Rake!! I love the men pursuing their ladies!! This is the last book in the series making it bittersweet!

What a great story! I laughed and cried many times! Such wonderful writing and really engaging characters!! I love this authors work!!

I adore this whole series and can not wait to see each man get his lady. It is a bit formula with the alpha male who is often chased finding a lady he wants and being forced to pursue her. But formula works that why we love it!

Each book has an add but of intrigue that draws you in. And Stephanie Laurens knows how to deliver the steam!!

I am currently on a Regency kick and this one was terrific!! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I always forget how much I enjoy this book until I reread it. I felt like this series as a whole had a bunch of books in the middle that I could take or leave. This was the perfect ending to the series.

Royce is the ultimate alpha male, but what would you expect from someone who has led a pack of alpha males throughout the war. Now with the war over he must return to take up his ducal role, but he won't be able to relax for long. The Grandes Dames of the ton have decreed that Royce must marry immediately. Luckily, Minerva his chatelaine is just the person to take him on. ( )
  caittilynn | Jun 25, 2013 |

Stephanie Laurensprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crossley, StevenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

From Stephanie Lauren's website:

The men of the Bastion Club proved their bravery secretly fighting for their country. Now their leader faces that most dangerous mission of all: finding a bride.

As the mysterious leader of the Bastion Club known as "Dalziel," Royce Varisey, 10th Duke of Wolverstone, served his country for decades, facing dangers untold. But as the holder of one of England's most august noble titles, he must now take on that gravest duty of all: marriage.

Yet the young ladies the grandes dames would have him consider are predictably boring. Far more tempting is his castle's willful and determinedly aloof chatelaine, Minerva Chesterton. Beneath her serene facade lies a woman of smoldering sensuality, one who will fill his days with comfort and his nights with sheer pleasure. Determined to claim her, he embarks on a seduction to prove his mastery over every inch of her body...and every piece of her heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061246379, Mass Market Paperback)

As the mysterious leader of the Bastion Club known as "Dalziel," Royce Varisey, tenth Duke of Wolverstone, served his country for decades, facing dangers untold. But as the holder of one of England's most august noble titles, he must now take on that gravest duty of all: marriage.

Yet the young ladies the grand dames would have him consider are predictably boring. Far more tempting is his castle's willful and determinedly aloof chatelaine, Minerva Chesterton. Beneath her serene façade lies a woman of smoldering sensuality, one who will fill his days with comfort and his nights with sheer pleasure. Determined to claim her, he embarks on a seduction to prove his mastery over every inch of her body . . . and every piece of her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:36 -0400)

The men of the Bastion Club have proven their bravery by secretly fighting for their country. Now their leader, Dalziel, faces that most dangerous of all missions: finding a bride.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,617,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible