City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels

by Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments (4), Shadowhunters (2.4)

5,3032001,229 (3.92)80

English (196)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (200)
This book was really good. I think the series could end here and I would be happy with it. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
What can I really say about the City of Fallen Angels. Well it was pretty much the same old same old.

Clary still hasn’t really displayed her all mighty shadowhunting skills enough for me to actually be impressed with her. She seemed to only be able to display it when other reminded her of this great gift she was born with. I hate to name call but our heroine doesn’t seems to be much of a heroine.

It was rough read although I did enjoy the new narrator it is Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass from Gossip Girls). There were actually two narrators. We also had Molly C. Quinn and as always I found she perfected our whiney Clary. They both seemed o of read an equal amount. But I did find myself enjoying the reading from Westwick. He voice was as smooth as butter.

I’m just not enjoying the series or maybe it’s just the character Clary alone who just gets underneath my nails. I noticed that I also found myself looking more forward to Simons side of the story even though it probably wasn’t supposed to be the main storyline. The main storyline was supposed to be about how the Shadowhunters were being set up and how they cracked the case why opened. I was thrilled with this aspect. It seemed to be a bit repetitive and villain just seemed to be over used.

The storyline between Jace and Clary wasn’t exactly a romance. I guess was more of a third time’s a charm type a deal. That’s right they are once again working on their relationship while trying to save a mythical race. I’m actually quite tired of the romance. I just don’t get it. I don’t get the whole back-and-forth. Does he like me? No, he doesn’t like me? What’s going on with him and why is he so moody? Clary seems to be very single-minded, even when talking to Simon about his issue, somehow she would manage to turn it back to her. Given the circumstances that was going on I just didn’t understand why she still solely focused on Jace.

Overall this was a failure for me with the exception of the narrators who did a fantastic job.

With that said I have officially called it quits with this series. I don’t plan on approaching book 5 or 6. Sorry. Not sorry. ( )
  shealwaysreads | Aug 27, 2018 |
Really? Really, that's how you're going to end the book? ( )
  Loni.C. | Aug 17, 2018 |
I would recommend rereading the first 3 books, before you decide to pick this up.
I will say this much. The next book is a MUST READ when it comes out, not only because of the HUGE ZOMG cliff hanger, but also b/c of all the side stories that I believe are going to build up very interestingly.

RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
I'm shocked by the number of one and two star reviews. I thought the book was wonderful and it went exactly where it needed to after the aftermath of City of Glass. It's not my absolute favorite in the series but it is still, definitely, a great read! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,832,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible