City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments,…

City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4) (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare

Member:CAS2199
Title:City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:***

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (140)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (144)
I loved this one. One thing I particularly liked was seeing other character character view points and not just focusing on the Jace/Clary thing. I liked seeing more of Simon dealing with the vampire thing, while he is not my favourite character in the series, I still find it interesting. I also liked seeing the familiarity of things introduced in the first three books on how the Shadowhunters work and a new story line come through. While this was wrapped up, a great cliffhanger leading onto the next book. With great writing and some interesting character development, another fanatic instalment.

Completed the book I wanted to read for Clare a Thon challenge. Also crossing off a square for Book Bingo - Written by a Woman. ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
What a cliffhanger?! This book had me reading late into the night. I can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
What can I say about it?It's boring.A lot of YA novels I read these days are nothing but the characters whining and moping around about their love lives.This is just another one in that long line.

The whole Jace and Clary melodrama was overwhelmingly irritating.Will these characters never grow up?If in problems why can't people just sit down and talk about it?It seems like solution to every problem is avoiding the problem like plague.They do nothing rational like regular people.

Jace is having nightmares about killing Clary.What to do?Just avoid her like a plague!This is the most logical solution one could think of!Ok,so Jace is avoiding Clary.So then stick to your decision.Oh,but he can't.He loves her.So let make out in an alley in the rain and then run off suddenly without any explanation!
Ooooh,it's so romantic!!!
What the hell the author was thinking?I am reading this same thing from the very start of this series.Jace and Clary can't be together even though they are eternally in love with each other.I have grown tired of it.let them have some peaceful moments and stop their whining.

Simon is now dating two hot girls and he doesn't feel the need to tell the truth to either of them.When does Simon become such an asshole?Never mind,at least there is no love triangle between Jace,Clary and Simon.Every single character did nothing but whining and bitching about his/her love life.Even Magnus and Alec!Alec was so jealous after knowing Magnus had dated other people in the past.What were you doing in the last three books Alec?I thought you knew that Magnus was immortal and centuries old.Did you really think that You were his first love?Every romantic relationship in the book is just beyond ridiculous.

Some new characters were introduced but they didn't do anything useful to the plot at all except that lame villain.Oh wait,there is a plot!Where is it?Wait until the last 50 pages and you will find one if you don't die out of boredom first.
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
I feel like this book is not as action packed as the last book instead this book builds up with mystery which is cool as well. I really don't like books that are too action packed and with no plots at all. The ending is a little unexpected just when you thought that finally things are going to go back to normal disaster struck. Some people said that the series should end with the city of glass and make it a trilogy instead of a long series. However I don't agree with that as much as I dislike long series which when the author try to stretch the series just so they could make more money. But I felt this series is different from the others and it wouldn't have a better ending if it is just a trilogy just like any other series. ( )
  jennywulove | Jun 9, 2014 |
4Q, 4P

I enjoyed this next installment of the series, in particular because while the first three books followed the story arc of the Mortal Instruments, in particular the main characters needing to save the world, this fourth book examines the consequences of the choices that each character made during the epic showdown. While the action and pacing is good, the drama between Clary and Jace can be melodramatic and stereotypical at times (for instance, the characters getting interrupted just as they are about to confess their feelings; misunderstanding one another's love; dramatic storming away and crying in the rain). Nevertheless, Clare continues to write darkly romantic novels with enough action and adventure to keep readers invested in the characters overcoming their flaws and fighting evil. ( )
  Kimba512 | Jun 6, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,246,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible