City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare

Title:City of Fallen Angels
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Walker (2011), Paperback, 432 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:library book

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (153)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (157)
Looks like while Valentine is dead, someone is plotting to continue his legacy. Clary and Jace are caught right in the cross-fire. I’m actually writing this review from the vantage point of mid-way through book 5, but this series is frustrating. I’m enjoying it -- a lot -- and the tension is high -- but it feels like the actual plot is subsumed by the romance sub-plot more often than not. And I mean, I’ve barely done *anything* but read this series since starting it last week. I don’t think I’m going to write separate reviews. But seriously -- Clary and Jace need to be cut a break at SOME point. Gah. ( )
  lyrrael | Oct 17, 2015 |
"As I stated on the review of the previous book, I think that the whole series could have ended perfectly with only the three first books. The reason? Well, evil is ultimately defeated, the Shadowhunters are happy, the Downworlders are happy, Clary and Jace are happy, so why bring ghosts from the past back to life?

The book starts with the events immediately after the Mortal War. Clary is training hard to become a better Shadowhunter, while happily dating Jace; Simon is trying to hide from his family the fact that he is a vampire, while still leading a seemingly normal life, since he can still walk under sunlight. The Lightwoods are still grieving for Max, but other than that, everyone is perfectly fine and things are running smoothly. As I said: a normal as-happy-as-possible ending after three books.

But then Clare decides that she wants to get more money out of her story, so Shadowhunters start being attacked out of the blue and Jace starts avoiding Clary (Twilight feelings, maybe?). Jace starts having nightmares and weird behavior, so people have not only to try to find out who is attacking and murdering shadow hunters, but also try to help him with his drama. And so 2/3 of the book runs through. More than three hundred pages of completely unnecessary drama until Clare gets as bored as the readers and decides to throw everybody into a building where they fight for Jace's life (which was being controlled by evil forces). As a result, we end up with an old friend coming back to life and another unnecessary book to read.

The Last Passage
A new voice spoke in Jace’s head now, a familiar voice, once hated, now oddly welcome.
Sebastian’s voice. It seemed to run through his blood, through the blood that passed through Sebastian’s hand into his, like a fiery chain.
We are one now, little brother, you and I, Sebastian said.
We are one.
" ( )
  AdemilsonM | Sep 2, 2015 |
This book series seems to never disappoint me! It is such a great story and keeps me on edge and wanting to read more! ( )
  vickimarie2002 | Aug 3, 2015 |
-___- I want my two and half days spent on reading this BACK!!!! ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |
Characters: Let me start with Simon. He is a badass vampire and an amazing friend. I wasn’t a really big fan of him before, but I think he’s starting to become one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I think he’s adjusting to being a vampire really well and I have a feeling he’s going to be very powerful. Isabelle’s also growing on me. I think she’s maturing and becoming kinder. She cares about Simon whether she wants to admit it or not. Jace is as emotionally damaged as he was in the first 3 books, if not more now. But I mean, that’s to be expected since he’s gone through so much. He doesn’t know who he is and he struggles because he doesn’t know where he belongs or if he’s good or bad. And last we have Clary. My opinion about her is constantly changing. I just wish she wasn’t so dependent on everyone else to always save her. I hope that changes when she’s gets more Shadowhunter training. Theres more, but this is way too long already hah...
Plot: I’ve loved this series since book one and continue to love it. I’m really glad she decided to continue and give us 3 more books. However, this one wasn’t my favorite of the four. It was kind of slow, but then again, it is the first book after the big battle so the new story is barely getting started. There was a lot of information we needed to learn and some new characters that needed to be introduced to us before any real action started. Once all of that stuff was out of the way, things really started to get good. Unfortunately, this took about 3/4 of the book to finally happen. The ending was really unexpected and I loved that. This book is filled with everything; romance, friendship, betrayal, mystery, suspense, supernatural, etc.

Cover: The covers are all pretty much the same just different colors and characters on each, but I love that. I like it when book series’ follow a certain theme with their covers.
Overall Impression: Amazing ending with an annoying cliffhanger. And I only say it was annoying because I have to wait a few months until I get to find out what happens next. It’ll be totally worth it though. ( )
  joanab951 | May 21, 2015 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,880,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible