Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of…

Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2011), Gebundene Ausgabe, 573 Seiten

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (138)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (142)
I feel like this book is not as action packed as the last book instead this book builds up with mystery which is cool as well. I really don't like books that are too action packed and with no plots at all. The ending is a little unexpected just when you thought that finally things are going to go back to normal disaster struck. Some people said that the series should end with the city of glass and make it a trilogy instead of a long series. However I don't agree with that as much as I dislike long series which when the author try to stretch the series just so they could make more money. But I felt this series is different from the others and it wouldn't have a better ending if it is just a trilogy just like any other series. ( )
  jennywulove | Jun 9, 2014 |
4Q, 4P

I enjoyed this next installment of the series, in particular because while the first three books followed the story arc of the Mortal Instruments, in particular the main characters needing to save the world, this fourth book examines the consequences of the choices that each character made during the epic showdown. While the action and pacing is good, the drama between Clary and Jace can be melodramatic and stereotypical at times (for instance, the characters getting interrupted just as they are about to confess their feelings; misunderstanding one another's love; dramatic storming away and crying in the rain). Nevertheless, Clare continues to write darkly romantic novels with enough action and adventure to keep readers invested in the characters overcoming their flaws and fighting evil. ( )
  Kimba512 | Jun 6, 2014 |
Oh, boy. I was really looking forward to this book, because I loved the Mortal Instruments series so much. And because of (or perhaps despite) my overall dislike of [b:Clockwork Angel|7171637|Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)|Cassandra Clare|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1283147828s/7171637.jpg|6674837], I was more than happy to dive back into the world of Clary and Jace...until I realized this just meant more strife and heartache for them! After three long books of major obstacles to their love, they finally got together for a moment of happiness at the end of City of Glass. But don't get comfortable! The problems start immediately for everyone in this book, and things just keep unraveling as time goes by. For everyone! Overall, it was very difficult to put this book down, but the cliffhanger at the end? Very irritating!! So irritating, I am taking away a star!! See what I can do, [a:Cassandra Clare|150038|Cassandra Clare|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1270502031p2/150038.jpg]?? You write that sort of ending, leave us with that image in our heads, and you get less stars!!! ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
I had read the previous trilogy as well as Clockwork Angel.

While this book didn't quite have as much action as the previous books, it did have a decent mystery to be solved which built on previous things that had happened. I do like when people's actions have consequences. I think that is a good lesson to include in YA literature because...well, that's how life *is*.

I'm not going to include spoilers. I read all these with my 9 year old daughter and we both enjoyed them. We both found the ending a bit of a shock and that Jace was a bit whiney in the book, but other than that it was a good read. I don't really see what all the negative reviews here are about but... I can't really do anything about that.

I recommend the book. It wasn't quite as good as the previous ones, but it was nice seeing the characters again and how they progressed on their journey.

Clare ( )
  Clare_M | May 25, 2014 |
I think this one's probably been my favorite so far, though I thought the beginning was super confusing. I needed a little lead-in to understand that the main character was confused, too, and it wasn't just my missing something.

Still, the last 25% of the book was *really* hard to put down. ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,528,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible