Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of…

Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2011), Gebundene Ausgabe, 573 Seiten

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (178)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (182)
This book has killed any interest I had in finishing the series. ( )
  CrystalDawn1217 | Sep 19, 2016 |
Okay I had to do it. I hate to leave a series hanging and that is what I had been doing with this one. So I read this it was okay but, still doesn't have me completely sold. BUT it was the best one in the series so far even with the cliffhanger. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I like that this series flows from one book to the other. In this book somebody keeps attacking Simon, which is stupid since he has the Mark of Cain on his forehead and anyone who attacks him gets it back seven fold. Then Kyle comes into the picture. Who is this mystery guy. You find out pretty quickly. I like Kyle and Simon as friends. Jace is having really bad dreams and thinks it's best to stay away from Clary. And of course all hell breaks looks a couple times. There are a few "why did you do that" and "oh hell no" moments. Stayed up late finishing this one and immediately picked up the next one. Great series in the genre. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This book is 80% boredom and 20% holy shit this is getting good. So yeah, I can't wait to see where this is going... ( )
  FilipaCorreia | Jun 30, 2016 |
Possible spoilers and LOTS of rambling ahead:
So...to be honest I had no intention of finishing the series because I had read more bad things than good reviews about books 4-6. But then I read The Bane Chronicles and some of the Shadowhunter Academy and I just needed closure on Simon's story arc, Alec and Magnus, as well as Luke.
I read this mostly to see what went down with Alec and Magnus. They were pretty much absent from 85% of the book which was irritating, but at least there was a lot of Simon.

I'm beyond pissed that Isabelle thought it was perfectly cool that she was casual with Simon and dating other people, but was so pissed that he was doing the same thing. And to be honest, it had nothing to do with the fact that it was someone she knew. She's so full of herself that she couldn't believe that anyone--especially nerdy Simon--could be interested in someone other than her. I love that Isabelle is hella confident with herself and her body, but she and Jace have that ridiculous arrogance in common. It seems as though this turn of events put her in her place, and maybe she's rethinking her behaviors. I certainly hope so, because I was routing for Simon and Izzy once I realized that Clary and Jace's relationship was inevitable *gag*.

As for Magnus and Alec, his upset over Magnus' past truly shows his lack of age and experience. I've never understood people's morbid curiosity about heir partner's past. The past is the past. It happened before you knew them so what has it got to do with your current relationship?! And Magnus is hundreds of years old, of course he's had many, many paramours, duh! And should he be lonely because his lover died or left him? He told Alec that before him he had been alone for a very long time, shouldn't that have told him that Magnus didn't just jump from relationship to relationship? Just because your heart aches for one you lost, doesn't mean you can't open your self to someone else. And it certainly doesn't negate the feelings you had for the one you lost just because you move on. I have to say it bothered me, but to me it was very good writing. Alec is young and naive and completely inexperienced with life and love, so it does make sense for him to have this reaction. I have to say I would have been disappoint in the author if she made him completely cool with his former relationships.

I'm actually not looking forward to what is to come because I've been spoiled and know he basics of what's coming in the next book. But I want to see the whole progression and not just all the good stuff. Here's to hoping the author gifts me with proper angst and not just the wah-wah-Jace-Clary show. I am so over them. Jace is arrogant and a damned martyr; it's ridiculous! And Clary never stops to think about anything except how much she needs Jace. I get it, when you love someone so much nothing else matters, but don't get butt hurt when people call you on your selfishness, because it IS selfishness. Don't get me wrong, I'd burn down worlds for my beloved, I'd just be much more awesome about it. But then, I'm not a 16-year-old girl, so I suppose Clary can be forgiven. But it's still annoying as fuck! ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,096,115 books! | Top bar: Always visible