Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of…

Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels (edition 2011)

by Cassandra Clare, Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)

2,667None2,217 (3.92)64
Member:Yuki-Chan
Title:Die Chroniken der Unterwelt 4: City of Fallen Angels
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Other authors:Franca Fritz (Übersetzer), Heinrich Koop (Übersetzer)
Info:Arena (2011), Gebundene Ausgabe, 573 Seiten

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (133)  Italian (3)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (138)
I am just loving this series. What I think I enjoyed the most is that although this was the four book in a series, each book has it's own distinct world and voice. It's been this way throughout, but I really noticed it once we got to City of Fallen Angels. Clare does an excellent job of the making the reader switch allegiances and question even the most strongest bonds. ( )
  Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
Ok so I can't believe I stayed up late to finish this one..but it is DONE!

It is safe to say that this one is least of my favorites in the series. It was seriously missing action and often I found myself extremely bored.

And the ending WTF was up with that????? This book didn't suck but will NOT be on my must read again list.

I'm going to read the next one just because I'm a glutton for punishment...I really really am ready for a break from YA after this. ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
To make a long story short, I believe Cassandra Clare should have stopped with the third book. This fourth book in The Mortal Instruments series, feels like an afterthought. Perhaps more like residue from the first three books. Essentially the plot didn’t pick up until about 75-80% into the book, and even then it still focuses on the same old hoopla of the “love” of Jace and Danger-prone Clary. I’m honestly getting tired of reading about their whirlwind romance, and I’ve learned to just skip through those constant descriptive parts. I can say that I did enjoy the fact that Simon plays a stronger role in the series, as he learns how to make better use of his new found powers. In this book we are also introduced to several other new characters, such as Kyle and Maureen, of whom I suppose will play bigger parts in the next books in the series. In all I found the book full of air, albeit with stratus clouds of quick action scenes. I wasn’t in favor for the slow plot development (if you want to call it a development) and I’m not totally convinced I should seek out any future TMI books. I felt very content when I thought that the third book, City of Glass, was the end. I will, with great enthusiasm, be in search for The Infernal Devices series, as I hear those are great books.

First Line: “‘Just coffee, please.’” (3)
Last Line: “We are one” (424)

Quotes:
“‘Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other side, forever and tragically parted, but I’m not worried about that either. Some things,’ Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, ‘are just too unlikely to dwell upon.’” (77)

“‘You left me,’ he said. ‘You made a pet out of me, and then you left me. If love were food, I would have starved on the bones you gave me.’ He spoke matter-of-factly. It had been a long time.” (259)

“You never told me. Never warned me it would be like this, that I would wake up one day and realize that I was going somewhere you couldn’t follow. That we are essentially not the same. There’s no ‘till death do us part’ for those who never die.” (377) ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |

First Line: “‘Just coffee, please.’” (3)
Last Line: “We are one” (424)

Quotes:

Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
This book was just as good as the last ones, however I wish it hadn't ended with such a terrible cliffhanger ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,504,265 books! | Top bar: Always visible