City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal…

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments) (edition 2012)

by Cassandra Clare

4,4551911,100 (3.9)78
Member:natalieleclerc
Title:City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments)
Authors:Cassandra Clare
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 448 pages

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

English (187)  Italian (3)  Hungarian (1)  All (191)
I just finished the Infernal Devices trilogy, and was looking forward to finishing out The Mortal Instruments. It was fun getting back into these characters, and I connected more with this book after taking a break from the series.

I liked how this story focused on Simon being a vampire. There were twists and turns along the way to keep my interest. I also enjoyed the romance more now that we know for sure Jace and Clary are not related.

Overall, I am still loving this series. I highly recommend listening to them on audiobook. I am flying threw them. Two more to go! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jun 25, 2017 |
It had promise, but the ending fell flat. I'm sure it's meant to be a cliff hanger, but the perpetual road blocks to Clary and Jace's relationship have just become annoying. I'm finding it hard to care anymore, and I cling to characters long after others give up on them. ( )
  shadowdancer | Jun 22, 2017 |
This was just incredible and I am a mess. Magnus and Alec made me cry quite a few times, and there were so many unexpected turns, I love everything about this book, it is pretty much perfect. How does the writing just keep getting better and better, and how does Cassandra Clare come up with such plot-twists?
I really love the character development, especially when it comes to Simon, because, while I was a bit frustrated with him at the beginning of this book, he has now become one of my favourite characters. He just feels very.... human. (hehe)
The new characters are also very enjoyable, they just fit right into the story, without feeling like plot devices or anything.
And I totally called that ending, I just knew that was going to happen. I was still surprised when it did. Jace is an idiot oh my god. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
It was just okay for me. I gave it a 2/5 because although it wasn't my favorite and I kept wondering: "When will this be over?" (Even with the audio), I didn't "hate" it. I am in no huge hurry to go on right now, but if I happen to see the other two books at a great deal next time I'm able to book shop, I will pick them up and/or I will get them when I feel I'm ready but I'd still need a good deal. ;)

Also, I listened to it more than I actually read. It took me some time to get used to the male narrator, and it seems I found I became truly bored when he did his reading but I like the girl a bit more. Her voice could be a bit much sometimes, but she did a good job. :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |

Cassandra Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quinn, Molly C.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westwick, EdNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There are sicknesses that walk in darkness; and there are exterminating angels, that fly wrapt up in the curtains of immateriality and an uncommunicating nature; whom we cannot see, but feel their force, and sink under their sword. -Jeremy Taylor, "A Funeral Sermon"
For Josh, Sommes-nous les deaux livres d'un meme ouvrage?
"Just coffee, please."
The waitress raised her penciled eyebrows. "You don't want anything to eat?" she asked. Her accent was thick, her attitude disappointed.

From the jacket: The Mortal War is over, and sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is back home in New York, excited about all the possibilities before her. She's training to become a Shadowhunter and to use her unique power. Her mother is getting married to the love of her life. Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace at last. And—most importantly of all—she can finally call Jace her boyfriend.

But nothing comes without a price.

Someone is murdering Shadowhunters, provoking tensions between Downworlders and Shadowhunters that could lead to a second, bloody war. Clary's best friend, Simon, can't help her. His mother just found out that he's a vampire and now he's homeless. Everywhere he turns, someone wants him on their side—along with the power of the curse that's wrecking his life. And they're willing to do anything to get what they want. Not to mention that he's dating two beautiful, dangerous girls—neither of whom knows about the other one.

When Jace begins to pull away from her without explaining why, Clary is forced to delve into the heart of a mystery whose solution reveals her worst nightmare: she herself has set in motion a terrible chain of events that could lead to her losing everything she loves. Even Jace.

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. The stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

As mysterious murders threaten the new peace between Shadowhunters and Downworlders, only Simon, the Daylighter vampire, can help bring both groups together.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,323,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible