The Telling by Beverly Lewis

The Telling

by Beverly Lewis

The third and final book in the Seasons of Grace series. Like the previous two, this one picks up right at the end of the second book. Grace searches for her mother as Lettie searches for the child she gave up for adoption and Heather searches for her own answers. When Lettie returns home from her trip empty-handed, she must confess her past to her husband Judah and her church, a telling that could ruin her life forever, but one she must fulfill in order to heal.

As answers do finally come for everyone, hearts and relationships are healed.

I enjoy Beverly Lewis and I really liked this series. It was easy in the second book to see where things were going, and those suspicions were confirmed early in this book for me. But, I wouldn't call it completely predictable. It was an enjoyable novel and one I read in an afternoon. Easily recommended, especially for those who like Amish-themed stories, and certainly Beverly Lewis fans. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

As answers do finally come for everyone, hearts and relationships are healed.

2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
Grace Byler leaves searching for her mother. But what if Lettie refuses to be found. Will mother and daughter find answers?
  SABC | Apr 10, 2016 |
This was a pleasant with the usual trial and tribulations used to tug at one's heartstrings. This is the typical tale of a woman acting outside of the Amish teaching and the path back to the flock. Predictable twists and turns until the very end. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jan 5, 2016 |
The further adventures of Lettie, Grace, and Heather continue in this third book of the "Seasons of Grace" series. I mostly listened to this book in two afternoons one weekend, but I didn't care that much for the reader's voice. However, that's not what we're reviewing. Occasionally the author repeats herself when needing to explain something to a character that hasn't heard something before, and other times she doesn't. I think she could have made these three books into one big one or a couple of middle sized books. I figured out that Heather would be Lettie's daughter from book one. ( )
1 vote eliorajoy | Dec 12, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764205730, Paperback)

Grace Byler leaves Bird-in-Hand in a fancy car to search for her mother in Ohio. But what if Lettie Byler doesn't wish to be found? Meanwhile, Lettie continues her private quest to find the missing piece of her life. As clues take her from state to state, she is increasingly torn between the family she has left behind and the yearning for her long-lost child.

Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine--to her father's chagrin--in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:06 -0400)

Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine--to her father's chagrin--in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio in order to find Grace's mother. Will mother and daughter, and one seriously ill graduate student, find the answers they long for? Or will "the telling" cause them all further pain?… (more)

Bethany House

3 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764205730, 0764207709, 0764207717

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,107,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible