The Telling by Beverly Lewis

The Telling

by Beverly Lewis

The further adventures of Lettie, Grace, and Heather continue in this third book of the "Seasons of Grace" series. I mostly listened to this book in two afternoons one weekend, but I didn't care that much for the reader's voice. However, that's not what we're reviewing. Occasionally the author repeats herself when needing to explain something to a character that hasn't heard something before, and other times she doesn't. I think she could have made these three books into one big one or a couple of middle sized books. I figured out that Heather would be Lettie's daughter from book one. ( )
1 vote eliorajoy | Dec 12, 2010 |
amish ( )
  rosekly | Jun 23, 2010 |
I received this as an MP3 download from Christianaudio.com for my honest review. I received no payment for this review.

From GoodReads.com: Grace Byler leaves Bird-in Hand in a fancy car to search for her mother in Ohio. But what if Lettie Byler doesn't wish to be found? Meanwhile, Lettie continues her private quest to find the missing piece of her life. As clues take her from state to state, she is increasingly torn between the family she has left behind and the yearning for her long-lost child. Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine-to her father's chagrin-in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio. Will mother and daughter, and one seriously ill graduate student, find the answers they long for? Or will "the telling" cause them all further pain?

My Take:

This was a nice conclusion to the series Seasons of Grace. Although this was an abridged version(I try to only listen to unabridged versions) I don't think I missed out on anything as it tied up all the strings of the story nicely and didn't leave you wondering about anything.

This is definitely not a stand alone title so I would highly recommend that you read or listen to the first two books.

Everything that has building since the first book is brought to a head in this book, I had Heather's biological mother figured out in the first book. It did explain a bit more about the Amish shunning and whole foods.

If you like Amish stories I would definately recommend this whole series. ( )
  detweilermom | May 6, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764205730, Paperback)

Grace Byler leaves Bird-in-Hand in a fancy car to search for her mother in Ohio. But what if Lettie Byler doesn't wish to be found? Meanwhile, Lettie continues her private quest to find the missing piece of her life. As clues take her from state to state, she is increasingly torn between the family she has left behind and the yearning for her long-lost child.

Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine--to her father's chagrin--in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:28 -0400)

Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine--to her father's chagrin--in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio in order to find Grace's mother. Will mother and daughter, and one seriously ill graduate student, find the answers they long for? Or will "the telling" cause them all further pain?… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,122,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible