Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You : Dr. Seuss's…

Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You : Dr. Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises (Bright… (edition 1996)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:paugust
Title:Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You : Dr. Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises (Bright and Early Board Books)
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1996), Edition: Board, Board book
Tags:Children's

Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? {abridged} by Dr. Seuss

not my favorite Seuss book. ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Our class enjoyed this book and the sounds we created right along side Mr. Brown. Again, we noted the end pages that gave us a glimpse inside what noises we would be re-creating. The questioning offered through, "how about you?" allowed us to join in and become part of the story. ( )
  TashaWhite | Feb 3, 2016 |
10 months - A really fun book to sign to and baby's like all the sounds too. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I liked this book for a variety of reasons. This book asks many questions throughout the story, which creates an interesting interactive aspect for the reader. For example after Mr. Brown makes a sound the author will ask the question, “how about you?” Another highlight of this book is the style of the font. Each sound that Mr. Brown makes is shown by a change in the size, color, and style of font. This use of font helps to capture the reader’s attention and highlight the differences between each sound. The message of this story is to try new things because you never know what you can do until you try. In the text, Mr. Brown attempts to copy a variety of different sounds made by animals, machines, and household items. He did not know he was capable of making all of these crazy sounds until he tried. This encourages readers to try new things and explore the world around them. ( )
  KerryMcLaughlin | Oct 14, 2015 |
There is something slightly sinister underlying Dr Seuss's choice of material, which is wacky and rollicking but also unsentimental and even cold-eyed in a way that makes me recall his comments on killing Japs.But I haven't quite put my finger on it yet, so now I'll just say I feel about this book neutral to mildly positive (and my synaesthesia finds fascinating but unsettling, like tonguing a scratch on the roof of your mouth, the idea that lightning might go "splat"). ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Apr 21, 2015 |
this is an adapted version for babies - please do not combine with the early reader

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0679882820, Board book)

Oh, the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do! In this "Book of Wonderful Noises," Mr. Brown struts his stuff, as he imitates everything from popping corks to horse feet ("pop pop pop pop" and "klopp klopp klopp," respectively) while inviting everyone to join him in the fun. Young readers who are still learning their sounds and letters will get a wacky workout as they follow along with the very serious-looking, squinty-eyed Mr. Brown. Whether it's eggs frying in a pan or a hippo chewing gum, the skillful Mr. Brown just keeps topping himself, with a "sizzle sizzle" or a "grum grum grum." "Mr. Brown is so smart he can even do this: he can even make a noise like a goldfish kiss!... pip!" As usual, the words and pictures of Dr. Seuss make reading (and making all sorts of funny noises) impossible to resist. Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? will stay fresh through many a giggling reading. --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:06 -0400)

Mr. Brown is an expert at imitating all sorts of noises.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,125,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible