Heart of Darkness: The Darkest AngelLove Me…

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest AngelLove Me to DeathLady of the Nile by… (edition 2010)

by Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne (Author), Susan Krinard (Author)

Member:yrizaria
Title:Heart of Darkness: The Darkest AngelLove Me to DeathLady of the Nile by Gena Showalter
Authors:Gena Showalter
Other authors:Maggie Shayne (Author), Susan Krinard (Author)
Info:HQN Books (2010), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Nook
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal, romance, short stories

Heart of Darkness (The Darkest Angel / Love Me to Death / Lady of the Nile) by Gena Showalter (Contributor)

Frankly, I only read it for the Gena Showalater novella. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Rating for "The Darkest Angel" and "Love Me to Death." ( )
  CupcakeMom | Feb 12, 2014 |
I have been trying to read Heart of Darkness, an anthology, for the last 10 days. I made it to page 38, and I'm calling it a fail. It has three authors: Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard.

The first story is The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter. It is unbearably slow and boring. The lead hero (?) comes across as mildly retarded to me. I get it, he's an Angel and he's never had these kinds of emotions before, however, he has seen others have sex, but doesn't get his dick is getting hard? The heroine is a harpy who has the maturity of a 12 y/o boy. Just way too over the top for me. I liked her in little doses in the last Lord's of the Underworld book.

I attempted to read the second story, Love Me To Death by Maggie Shayne. I read half the first page and just said screw it. I have no idea if this story is any good. I have no idea if Lady of the Nile by Susan Krinard is any good. Frankly at this point I don't care.

This is the second book in a row of Gena's that has been very disappointing. I forced myself to finish Playing With Fire, I won't do it again. If it isn't working, I'm walking away. ( )
  DrkCherry | Sep 21, 2013 |
Ominibus of 3 stories by Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard

If you are reading Gena Showalter's "Lords of the Underworld" series, THE DARKEST ANGEL is a part of that series and a must read. (see the book order for this series at the bottom of this review.

DARKEST ANGEL gets (3) stars. While it is well written, it is a bit repetitive. Boy likes girl; boy chases girl; girl resist boy; boy continues to chase; girl likes boy; they like each other. I was bothered by having an angel as one of the main characters.

LOVE ME TO DEATH
I give this book (3) stars. Wow, nice mystery. Friends, David, Mark, Randy, Kevin and Brad, get into trouble. An unsettled Spirit. Truths that must be made known. Love brought to fruition through Sara.

LADY OF THE NILE
I give this book (1) star. Boring (hear me yawn). This book totally made no sense until close to the end. The characters and their roles were not clear. You will like this story if your mind runs along the lines of "Indiana Jones and the Tomb Raiders".

***THE FOLLOWING IS THE TRUE ORDER THAT YOU SHOULD READ THE "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD" series*** It will make more sense if you read the books in this order. (see this video on Youtube) http://youtu.be/mGJqMGiLv6M

(ss) The Darkest Fire (a short story found in INTO THE DARK)

1 The Darkest Night

2 The Darkest Kiss

3 The Darkest Pleasure

4 The Darkest Whisper

(ss) 5 The Darkest Angel (a short story found in the book HEART OF DARKNESS)

(ss) 6 The Darkest Prison (a short story found in INTO THE DARK)

7 The Darkest Passion

8 The Darkest Lie

9 The Darkest Secret ( )
  ChandraGay | Feb 11, 2011 |
I'm currently reading the Lords of the Underworld series and since I want to get to the next book, I only read Gena Showalter's novella "The Darkest Angel". It was really, really good. I absolutely love this series and it was fun to see things from the harpy, Bianca's POV as she is almost as much fun as Anya, the goddess of Anarchy. Though they've been mentioned, this is the first time angels have actually been introduced in the series. I thought Lysander was great and really enjoyed meeting Olivia who happens to be the heroine in the next book. That being said, I'm off to start reading Aeron and Olivia's story. Once I read the other novella's in this anthology my rating will probably change. I can guarantee that the other stories will not compare to this one. ( )
  mthomas1975 | Nov 18, 2010 |

Showalter, GenaContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Krinard, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shayne, MaggieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gena Showalter's The Darkest Angel:

From high in the heavens, Lysander spotted his prey.
Maggie Shayne's Love Me to Death:

Valentine's Day, Twenty-two Years Ago
Port Lucinda, Maine

David took a long pull from the bottle.
Susan Krinard's Lady of the Nile:

London, 1890

"You are quite incorrect."

From the masters of paranormal romance, three brand-new tales of seduction…

The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter (A Lords of the Underworld tale)
An iron-willed demon assassin, the angel Lysander has never known lust—until he meets Bianka. Spawned from the bloodline of Lucifer, the beautiful but deadly Harpy is determined to lead the pure-hearted Lysander into temptation….

Love Me to Death by Maggie Shayne
Twenty-two years ago four teenage boys were convicted of a young girl's murder. Now, in the form of a beautiful woman, the "victim" is seeking vengeance. And only one man dares to dig into the past to uncover its secrets… and set her free.

Lady of the Nile by Susan Krinard
Lady Tameri believes herself to be the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian princess, and Leo Erskine has set out to prove her wrong…never dreaming that the two of them are about to discover a prophecy that will bind them together forever.

The darkest angel: "An iron-willed demon assassin, the angel Lysander has never known lust--until he meets Bianka. Spawned from the bloodline of Lucifer, the beautiful but deadly Harpy is determined to lead the pure-hearted Lysander into temptation...."--P. [4] of cover. Love me to death: "Twenty-two years ago four teenage boys were convicted of a young girl's murder. Now, in the form of a beautiful woman, the 'victim' is seeking vengeance. And only one man dares to dig into the past to uncover its secrets...and set her free."--P. [4] of cover. Lady of the Nile: "Lady Tameri believes herself to be the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian princess, and Leo Erskine has set out to prove her wrong...never dreaming that the two of them are about to discover a prophecy that will bind them together forever."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,256,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible