Dead Like You by Peter James

Dead Like You (2010)

by Peter James

English (19)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (22)
A fascinating, gripping mystery that keeps you guessing with every chapter. The reader is kept on pins and needles as more and more details are revealed about each of three likely suspects.

I highly recommend Dead Like You to fans of mysteries, especially the British variety.

I won my copy through First Reads. ( )
  Athenable | Jan 10, 2014 |
This was an excellent book. It started out just a little bit difficult to follow, as people were being introduced, and it was bouncing back between two 12 year periods. Once everybody was introduced the book just flew by. It was well written, the characters were well developed, and the story line was very interesting. It was a real page turner, because the intrigue of who had done what along with the the development of the characters that made you care for them wouldn't allow me to put it down for very long ( )
  Cubbyfan99 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Another crime thriller in the Roy Grace series. A rather nasty tale of rape and murder overlaid by the ongoing personal developments in Grace's life and that of his colleagues. There are one or two parts of the story which are left open which one assumes will form the basis of some later books in the Grace series. ( )
  PIER50 | Oct 2, 2012 |
another good read about Detective Superintendant Grace. ( )
  magentaflake | Aug 27, 2012 |
I enjoy Peter James as an author. I find that his stories normally hold my attention and this one was no exception. I found his two time periods disconcerting at first until I realised how he was building up his story.
A good Roy Grace detective story. ( )
  dannN | Dec 23, 2011 |
To Anna-Lisa Lindeblad-Davies
We all make mistakes, all of the time.

Don't imagine for one moment that I'm not watching you...The Metropole Hotel, Brighton. After a heady New Year's Eve ball, a woman is brutally raped as she returns to her room. A week later, another woman is attacked. Both victims' shoes are taken by the offender...Detective Superintendent Roy Grace soon realises that these new cases bear remarkable similarities to an unsolved series of crimes in the city back in 1997. The perpetrator had been dubbed 'Shoe Man' and was believed to have raped five women before murdering his sixth victim and vanishing. Could this be a copycat, or has Shoe Man resurfaced? When more women are assaulted, Grace becomes increasingly certain that they are dealing with the same man. And that by delving back into the past - a time in which we see Grace and his missing wife Sandy still apparently happy together - he may find the key to unlocking the current mystery. Soon Grace and his team will find themselves in a desperate race against the clock to identify and save the life of the new sixth victim...

from Amazon.com

The brutal rapes of two women in Brighton bear remarkable similiarities to an unsolved series of crimes from 1997. Detective Superintendent Roy Grace is forced to delve into his shattered past to find the key to unlocking the current mystery.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,718,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible