Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth…

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Seth Grahame-Smith

3,4202581,579 (3.59)152
Title:Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Authors:Seth Grahame-Smith
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2010), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 336 pages

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (2010)

English (257)  Italian (1)  All languages (258)
I love to read and rarely do I rate a book 3 stars or less. If the story can keep my attention, then I'm typically a 4 or 5 star rater. This book was a lack luster. Interesting but very dry. ( )
  SBShepherd | Oct 16, 2016 |
a very interesting book and was a good movie to. ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
This book is a good read. It takes the old history and puts a paranormal spin on it. If you are a fan of Abraham Lincoln and vampires then this books is for you. This book also makes one look at how much sadness that one can endure in one life time and still live. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |

Better than I was expecting considering I didn't like P&P&Z. There was just enough history and just enough vampire craziness. It all balanced and made for a pretty entertaining faux history. It reads like a screenplay, but it can be pretty dense so I can't help but wonder what the movie is like... ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
What did I learn from this book? Well, I learned that Abraham Lincoln was a bad-ass.
I also learned that Grahame-Smith is particularly good at keeping me interested in things I otherwise wouldn't care too much about (sorry Abe). ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Despite the bluntness with which it works vampires into the American fabric, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a fun read... As a secret history... it rests on a good idea, and stays true to its own internal logic and to the world it builds for itself.
added by Shortride | editPopMatters, Andrew Gilstrap (Mar 25, 2010)
Grahame-Smith's sophomore effort outlasts the kitsch value of its title, and freed from the constraints of updating (or defacing, depending on one's viewpoint) a revered literary gem, the writer delivers a well-constructed, surprisingly satisfying narrative that straight-faces its absurd premise: that Honest Abe, the 16th president of the United States, led a secret life slaying the fanged undead.
I'll have to admit, I sort of had a love-hate relationship with this book.

Seth Grahame-Smithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holst, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
--Edgar Allan Poe
For Erin and Joshua
Facts: For over 250 years, between 1607 and 1865, vampires thrived in the shadows of America.

Indiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin, where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his suffering mother's bedside.

"My baby boy..." she whispers before dying. Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire. Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, young Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln. Now, using the journal as a guide Seth reconstructed the true life story of our greatest president. For the first time-all while revealing the hidden history behind the Civil War--and uncovers the role vampires played in the birth, growth, and near-death of our nation.

While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,797,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible