Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth…

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Seth Grahame-Smith

Member:rameau
Title:Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Authors:Seth Grahame-Smith
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Electronic, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:horror, alternate history, 2010s, Lincoln, Civil War, 1810s, 1820s, 1830s, 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, Kindle, read in 2013

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (2010)

English (215)  Italian (1)  All languages (216)
Fun read. ( )
  dham340 | May 10, 2015 |
This was ok. Pretty good in many parts. But just not enough to keep me going. I've got good a good supply of audiobooks in my library with as many as Scott goes through on the road, so I can afford to be picky. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
I really liked this book! This was probably the most unique and genius piece of historical fiction that I had ever read. In addition to being thoroughly entertained by battles with vampires, the author did a supreme job of weaving the fictional journals in with the historical. More over, I actually learned things about our 16th president that I had not previously learned! If you like vampires and you like Abraham Lincoln, you'll love Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |

Loved it! I'm convinced it's true, lol. Can't wait for the movie! ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |

Loved it! I'm convinced it's true, lol. Can't wait for the movie! ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
Despite the bluntness with which it works vampires into the American fabric, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a fun read... As a secret history... it rests on a good idea, and stays true to its own internal logic and to the world it builds for itself.
added by Shortride | editPopMatters, Andrew Gilstrap (Mar 25, 2010)

Grahame-Smith's sophomore effort outlasts the kitsch value of its title, and freed from the constraints of updating (or defacing, depending on one's viewpoint) a revered literary gem, the writer delivers a well-constructed, surprisingly satisfying narrative that straight-faces its absurd premise: that Honest Abe, the 16th president of the United States, led a secret life slaying the fanged undead.

I'll have to admit, I sort of had a love-hate relationship with this book.

Seth Grahame-Smithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holst, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
--Edgar Allan Poe
For Erin and Joshua
Facts: For over 250 years, between 1607 and 1865, vampires thrived in the shadows of America.

Abraham Lincoln, having realized that his mother's death was caused by a vampire, embarks on a plan of revenge that takes him all the way to the White House.

While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,165,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible