Heat Wave by Richard Castle

Heat Wave

by Richard Castle

Series: Nikki Heat (1)

2,3122003,998 (3.34)155
    Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

English (195)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  All languages (200)
From TV's Castle, fictional character writes. Yay. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Really enjoyable mystery read! Fun characters, sarcasm abounds. When I actually got time to read, I read through it pretty quick!
I recommend this book! ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
This is fan fiction of a sort for the TV show Castle. I have only seen 1 episode of the show so I wasn’t sure what to expect when I got into this book. Heat Wave is a fun, fast-paced murder mystery. Detective Nikki Heat is brought onto a case that involves the murder of Matthew Starr, a real estate baron of New York. Jameson Rook, a reporter, manages to get himself attached to the investigation.

The action keeps the story moving along at a fast clip. There’s a little romance between Heat and Rook but it didn’t distract from the murder mystery. The plot itself was pretty straight forward, the mystery being fairly easy to unravel by the reader if not the main characters.

There are several sidekicks in the story, like detectives Ochoa and Raley and the medical examiner Lauren Parry. Mostly, they fade into the background and go unnoticed. Lauren has a few moments where her personality shows through. The cast of characters attempts various quips and jokes but much of it comes off flat. I was much more into the serious scenes. The action scenes were usually well done.

Over all, I liked Nikki Heat as a character. I will enjoy getting to know more about her in future books. While it was a quick, easy read, it had it’s charms. 3.5/5 stars

The Narration: Johnny Heller took some getting used to. His style is nearly monotone but he also tries to go for that hard-boiled detective story feel. Once I settled into his voice, I liked it well enough though I had to pay attention to which character was talking as Heller didn’t always make distinct voices. There were no recording issues. 3.5/5 stars ( )
  DabOfDarkness | Aug 15, 2018 |
this book is the copy of the show, names changed and the chemistry between Heat and Rook is there and it's simpler than the show. Although I enjoyed knowing what Heat thinks for a change because in the tv-show she really reserved but it's not enough to trigger my curiosity. I wasn't anxious to know who and how the victim was killed. You won't lose much even if you love the show because it's more of the same. ( )
  neosofia | Jun 19, 2018 |
I made it to chapter 6. ( )
  sweetfe | Jun 6, 2018 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Tough and sexy New York police detective Nikki Heat leads the investigation into the death of a New York real estate tycoon who plunged to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,220,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible