dismiss

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

Heat Wave

by Richard Castle

Series: Nikki Heat (1)

In the midst of a suffocating heat wave, NYPD homicide detective Nikki Heat investigates the falling death of real estate tycoon and a brutal attack on a Manhattan socialite. However, when another shocking murder puts Heat on a tense journey into the dirty little secrets of the wealthy, her investigation may prove fatal.… (more)
    Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

English (206)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  All languages (211)
If I did not love the show Castle so much, I do not think I would have even finished the book. The mystery was uninteresting.

With that being said, I LOVE the show Castle and loved every second of this book! It was great seeing the characters in the show...and the acknowledgements in the book were even written from "Castle's" point of view. I loved the little tidbits like that.

To sum up, love Castle and you'll love this book. Never seen Castle or hate Castle, it is not even worth considering reading this book. ( )
  cgfaulknerog | May 28, 2020 |
3.5 stars ( )
  ker95tx | May 27, 2020 |
The reason to read this book is because you like the TV series. It's very much a fluff book, kinda what you're led to expect from the character of Richard Castle. I have a hard time reviewing this one, since the author is fictional. I think I'd probably rate it 3.5, because it's supposed to be a mediocre book written by a popular author who would sell books no matter how poorly they were written. The writing isn't stellar, but it's not supposed to be. How do you rate that? I enjoyed the read, for what it was. And there was never a point while reading it where I considered putting the book down and leaving it unfinished. However, for me, one of these books is enough. I don't need to read any others in the series. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
Great book. Definitely what I expected from what the show is like. I love the show and make a point to watch it every week. It does have a bit of a slow start, but once things get rolling its hard to put it down. I'm looking forward to reading the next book 'Naked Heat.' ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
This started off slow and then, all of a sudden, AMAZING. ( )
  thewanlorn | Feb 24, 2020 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

2 editions of this book were published by Tantor Media.

Editions: 140011425X, 1400120365

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,471,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible