Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book…

Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1) (original 2009; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:ChristinaDye
Title:Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Hyperion (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:E-books, Read but unowned, Favorites

Heat Wave by Richard Castle (2009)

Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

Fun read. I'll admit that the characters in my brain looked alot like the characters on the tv show, but even that was okay. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |

‘Richard Castle’s' Heat Wave was a fun read, a little silly since Castle is himself a fictional TV character. But it was odd how I could hear Castle’s (the darling Nathan Fillion) voice in my head as I read this book. Because it is really quite true to the TV series, just that it takes a lot longer to get through. Entertaining enough but I don’t think I will be continuing with this series. ( )
  olduvai | Jan 19, 2016 |
Pretty good, and funny in its own way. I love 'Castle' the tv show, and I thought it was ingenious to actually publish the books he "writes" while on the show. Reading through this was like watching an episode with a couple of unexpected twists at the end. I figured out the who pretty early on, but in usual fashion, there was more to it than I could see. If you like the show, you'll like this too. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This book was kind of like Castle light. Nikki comes of as kind of one demensional especially compared to her television counterpart. Rook was not as clever or interesting as Castle. Basically this is a book for when you have a stretch of time where there is no Castle on television. The romance between the two felt false but maybe that's because I've seen the television show and it just doesn't ring true.

The narrator for this book was also a huge turn off. His voice just didn't feel right and he was really awful at doing female characters. They all came across as gay men.
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Tough and sexy New York police detective Nikki Heat leads the investigation into the death of a New York real estate tycoon who plunged to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,190,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible