Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book…

Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1) (original 2009; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:humouress
Title:Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Hyperion (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:e-books, Read but unowned
Tags:first in series, crime, Castle, TV series, New York, detective, Nikki Heat, e-book

Heat Wave by Richard Castle (2009)

Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

I watch very little television. Seriously. Especially in comparison to people who watch tons of shows. But, I adore, absolutely adore the show Castle. I love what ABC has done with the Richard Castle character and that the Nikki Heat books are real. I just wish I'd loved this as much as I love the show. The book is entertaining and it's easy to see the character comparisons between book fiction and the fictional 12th precinct. But, it just shows me again that murder mystery isn't my favorite genre. Sometimes I get lucky with it and this one wasn't bad, it just won't ever be my favorite. I prefer watching Rick and Kate go at each other rather than reading about Rook and Heat.

Best part of the book? The acknowledgements and author interview at the end. Hysterical and so true to the Castle character. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
I bought this because I like the Castle tv series and wanted to see the book that began it all. Let me say, I think the TV series far surpasses the voices in my head. The dialogue is flat and uneven. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 29, 2016 |
Probably should never had started watching the TV series if I was going to read the books. The TV series is much better. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Sorry folks! Castle is a guilty pleasure of mine so I couldn't resist!

And it was exactly as I thought it would be. A trashy crime novel with some funnies.

Loved it tho :D ( )
  GwenMcGinty | May 13, 2016 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Tough and sexy New York police detective Nikki Heat leads the investigation into the death of a New York real estate tycoon who plunged to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,350,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible