Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book…

Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1) (original 2009; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:humouress
Title:Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Hyperion (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:e-books, Read but unowned
Tags:first in series, crime, Castle, TV series, New York, detective, Nikki Heat, e-book

Heat Wave by Richard Castle (2009)

Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

Sorry folks! Castle is a guilty pleasure of mine so I couldn't resist!

And it was exactly as I thought it would be. A trashy crime novel with some funnies.

Loved it tho :D ( )
  GwenMcGinty | May 13, 2016 |
This is the first “Nikki Heat” book by the fictional Richard Castle. The premise follows the same as the tv show. Nikki Heat is a New York homicide detective and “Rook” is a journalist who is shadowing Heat to find out about New York police work. A man is murdered, so Rook follows along as Heat solves the murder.

I did find it followed similarly to the tv show, but I didn't “get” the connection between the two in the book. They didn't seem to have the same rapport. I listened to the audio, and it never really drew me in at all. There were times where I paid attention, but the story just wasn't enough to hold my interest. I am rating it “ok”, but I don't plan to continue the series. ( )
  LibraryCin | May 2, 2016 |
Read this one for my library mystery book group. Most tv and movies are based on books that already exist. This is one of the few where the book came out after the show. I have to say I like the show better than the book it was a little disappointing. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
I wasnt expecting much since I knew it was just tied to the TV Show, but I do like the Show. The writing is weak and not enjoyable to read...Wouldnt have made it on its own. ( )
  BronteR0se | Mar 9, 2016 |
Love the TV show to pieces, so it only made sense to see how the books would turn out.
I liked them better than I thought. It was like reading the script for one of the TV episodes. But instead of watching it, I was reading it instead.
The book is everything you would expect from Castle. Nikki Heat is dangerous, yet there is something under the surface that appears to the softer side of nature. Rook, the journalist was a blast and the pair mix well together. All the other usual characters are there and nothing has been forgotten.
A must read for those that are a fan of the TV show. ( )
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Tough and sexy New York police detective Nikki Heat leads the investigation into the death of a New York real estate tycoon who plunged to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,908,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible