Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book…

Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1) (original 2009; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:humouress
Title:Heat Wave, Premium Edition (Nikki Heat, Book 1)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Hyperion (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:e-books, Read but unowned
Tags:first in series, crime, Castle, TV series, New York, detective, Nikki Heat, e-book

Heat Wave by Richard Castle (2009)

Recently added byprivate library, cottageusedbooks, Danyspike, Maydacat, tlund56, agembala, Aneris
    Naked Heat by Richard Castle (EthanS1)
    EthanS1: Tie ins to the popular TV show Castle, the mystery novels written by "Richard Castle"

English (183)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  All (1)  German (1)  All (188)
Heat Wave by Richard Castle (Nikki Heat book 1) What's it about: Nikki Heat is a homicide detective with the NYPD that has to team up temporarily with Jameson Rook, a writer/journalist researching for an article about the work and lives of the people at the homicide division. The book starts with the team (Heat, Rook and other two detectives nicknames "Roach") investigating the death of a known millionaire that has been thrown from a six-floor window.

Review: I picked this book because I'm a fan of the TV Show Castle, whose main character is the "author" of this book. I don't know how would I feel about this book had I not seen the show, because it felt just like another episode and it was really easy to pick up with what we already know, but I feel the book doesn't bother to try to make an introduction to the dynamics between the characters, the author just assumes you've seen the show and know the drill.
I didn't like the fact that they usually portrayed Rook as a stupid puppy, and only in a few occasions they let you see the intelligent man that he is (and that has made him an important writer). Within that same line, I felt that Nikki Heat was a bit unpleasant.
The homicide case was interesting (although a bit predictable) and I really liked the constant humorous lines present from the very beginning of the book.In sum, I had a good time reading the book because it felt just like watching the show. Not the best book ever, but I would read the rest of the saga because it was a very light, entertaining read. Three stars! ( )
  Danyspike | Jan 14, 2017 |
The background of this series is a little unusual. But if you have watched the television show, then you know that Richard Castle is a fictional character, not an author. So you have a made-up character writing a story about fictional characters based on “real” people who aren’t really real. But someone had to write this story, and he or she did a pretty good job of it. The audio version is especially nice, because as Johnny Heller does his excellent narration, you can picture the actors you know in the roles they’ve created. An exciting detective story with just enough of the chemistry between the main characters to keep everything interesting. ( )
  Maydacat | Jan 4, 2017 |
This was a fun read- I really liked how it ties into the series. I like how the two leads really reflect the characters on the TV show, but have differences as well. ( )
  aharey | Nov 30, 2016 |
It was a lot like an episode of the show. Some awkward writing in spots, but a good mystery. ( )
  nx74defiant | Nov 27, 2016 |
Finished 10/25/16 ( )
  KatrinaRose | Nov 13, 2016 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klüver, AnikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarkar, ShubhaniDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the extraordinary KB and all my friends at the 12th
It was always the same for her when she arrived to meet the body.
Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.

Tough and sexy New York police detective Nikki Heat leads the investigation into the death of a New York real estate tycoon who plunged to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

2 editions of this book were published by Hyperion and Voice.

Editions: 1401323820, 1401310400

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,645,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible