My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

My Brother Charlie (edition 2010)

by Holly Robinson Peete, Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)

Title:My Brother Charlie
Authors:Holly Robinson Peete
Other authors:Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:easy, disability, autism, gr. k-3, siblings

My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

This is a very inspirational book. It shows how children with autism may seem different, but also how amazing they are. I would certainly want to use this book in the classroom to promote autism awareness. ( )
  ashleypierce | Nov 29, 2015 |
Charlie has autism. This book explained what autism was and the characteristics of it in a simple way. It showed how Charlie acted and thought differently. This would be a great book to use to explain autism to children of a young age. They might not understand the word but could understand some of the concept. ( )
  hspanier | Nov 29, 2015 |
This is another book about a sibling with autism. I liked it because it shows the good and bad times from a siblings point fo view. It also has a great happy ending. ( )
  glguerra | Nov 29, 2015 |
A girl has a brother with a special need and she is learning that he is just like any other kid,
Ages: 4-6
Source: Pierce College Library
  Taylorhals | Nov 18, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book because of the plot. The girl in the story talks about her brother named Charlie. Charlie had autism. I love this younger elementary based book to introduce this disability to a very young population. It gives the children a plot to relate to if they actually know someone with autism and teaches them home to treat them like normal people. The vocabulary is simple with short sentences on each page. The bigger picture is to introduce the topic of autism as nothing to think is weird or even to fear.
  jbahri1 | Nov 17, 2015 |

From bestselling author and actress Holly Robinson Peete--a heartwarming story about a boy who happens to be autistic, based on Holly's son, who has autism.

"Charlie has autism. His brain works in a special way. It's harder for him to make friends. Or show his true feelings. Or stay safe." But as his big sister tells us, for everything that Charlie can't do well, there are plenty more things that he's good at. He knows the names of all the American presidents. He knows stuff about airplanes. And he can even play the piano better than anyone he knows.

Actress and national autism spokesperson Holly Robinson Peete collaborates with her daughter on this book based on Holly's 10-year-old son, who has autism.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:36 -0400)

A girl tells what it is like living with her twin brother who has autism and sometimes finds it hard to communicate with words, but who, in most ways, is just like any other boy. Includes authors' note about autism.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,878,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible