My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

My Brother Charlie (edition 2010)

by Holly Robinson Peete, Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)

187None62,753 (4.34)1
Member:smdorr
Title:My Brother Charlie
Authors:Holly Robinson Peete
Other authors:Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:easy, disability, autism, gr. k-3, siblings

My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

This picture book is so heartwarming min so many ways. Callie talks about her brother and describes what he is like because he has autism. It would be a great book for families dealing with this disabilities and others. ( )
  Jordanlaine | Apr 18, 2014 |
Autistic boy, how his brain works in a different way and the struggles he faces
Barns and noble
  LindseyGreenlaw | Mar 22, 2014 |
In my opinion, I think this is a great story to read for students. The main reason I enjoyed this story was because of the plot. The story is a situation that impacts a lot of families and it never hurts to raise awareness of this topic. The story shows how important caring for these children are and how they can grow up and be just like a normal child. I also enjoyed the characters of this story. The two main characters were the brother and sister. The authors do a nice job of developing them along the way. For instance at the end of the story, you finally see the brother say I love you to the sister for the first time. Another reason I liked this story was because of the illustrations. The illustrations were very vibrant and colorful. For example the page where the boy is laying with his dog. The positive illustrations were a good tone for the story and modeled the perception all people should have when being around a child with autism. Overall, I think the main message of this story was to show people not to look down on a child with autism but to embrace them and give them the love they deserve. ( )
  tricha11 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Her brother has autism, Instead of focusing on what he can't do, she sees there are plenty of things he can . Ages 7-10
  amlugo | Mar 1, 2014 |
The story is about twins, one of which has Autism. The story explains how it might be hard to talk to someone with Autism but that they are still a part of the family and you still love them.
Age: 4-5
Source: Pierce College Library
  Madelyn12 | Feb 28, 2014 |

From bestselling author and actress Holly Robinson Peete--a heartwarming story about a boy who happens to be autistic, based on Holly's son, who has autism.

"Charlie has autism. His brain works in a special way. It's harder for him to make friends. Or show his true feelings. Or stay safe." But as his big sister tells us, for everything that Charlie can't do well, there are plenty more things that he's good at. He knows the names of all the American presidents. He knows stuff about airplanes. And he can even play the piano better than anyone he knows.

Actress and national autism spokesperson Holly Robinson Peete collaborates with her daughter on this book based on Holly's 10-year-old son, who has autism.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:21 -0400)

A girl tells what it is like living with her twin brother who has autism and sometimes finds it hard to communicate with words, but who, in most ways, is just like any other boy. Includes authors' note about autism.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible