My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

My Brother Charlie (edition 2010)

by Holly Robinson Peete, Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)

Member:smdorr
Title:My Brother Charlie
Authors:Holly Robinson Peete
Other authors:Ryan Elizabeth Peete, Holly Robinson Peete, Shane Evans (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:easy, disability, autism, gr. k-3, siblings

My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete

Twins brother and sister even though the brother has autism he and his sister everything together. Anything is possible even if you don't know it.
  AnnetteHarris | May 20, 2015 |
This is such a precious book. It is the story of young girl whose twin brother, Charlie, has autism. I love this book because it brings attention to disabilities. At the beginning, Charlie's family is told that he will never be able to say I love you. In the end, Charlie does say I love you in many ways including saying it verbally. This book gives hope to anyone that may be dealing with a disability. ( )
  Hhaddad1 | Apr 30, 2015 |
My Brother Charlie is about a family with an autistic child, but they love his no matter what. Even though he never say I Love You, they know that he loves them. His sister plays with him and watches out for him everywhere he goes. Teaches people to accept each other no matter how they act or what disabilities they may have. ( )
  amartino1208 | Apr 28, 2015 |
My Brother Charlie is a story about twins, Callie and Charlie. Callie is very outgoing and talkative, and Charlie is quiet and doesn't really speak. Callie and her parents realize that Charlie is different, but they don't know why. They find out that Charlie has autism. This is a story about a family that learns show much from their son and is able to accept him for who he is. Charlie teaches his family about patience, love, and togetherness. I very much enjoyed this story and thought it portrayed such a great message. It teaches the reader about acceptance and to love your family no matter what. All children should be read this story because it will help them better understand children with autism. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 27, 2015 |
This book is about twins who are different from one another. In the book Callie, the sister, loves to play with others and interact with others. Her brother, Charlie on the other hand does not. At first, Callie does not understand, but she eventually figures out the Charlie is different than she is, he has autism. Callie does not treat her brother any different when she finds this out. Instead of looking at things that he is not good at, she looks at all of the things that he can do really well. For example, sometimes Charlie cannot speak to other people like he wants, but he can play the piano really well. This book teaches students how children with autism may seem different, but they can do things just like someone without autism. ( )
  krausch | Apr 23, 2015 |

From bestselling author and actress Holly Robinson Peete--a heartwarming story about a boy who happens to be autistic, based on Holly's son, who has autism.

"Charlie has autism. His brain works in a special way. It's harder for him to make friends. Or show his true feelings. Or stay safe." But as his big sister tells us, for everything that Charlie can't do well, there are plenty more things that he's good at. He knows the names of all the American presidents. He knows stuff about airplanes. And he can even play the piano better than anyone he knows.

Actress and national autism spokesperson Holly Robinson Peete collaborates with her daughter on this book based on Holly's 10-year-old son, who has autism.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:21 -0400)

A girl tells what it is like living with her twin brother who has autism and sometimes finds it hard to communicate with words, but who, in most ways, is just like any other boy. Includes authors' note about autism.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,304,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible