Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

It's Not Summer Without You

by Jenny Han

Series: Summer Series (2)

Teenaged Isobel "Belly" Conklin, whose life revolves around spending the summer at her mother's best friend's beach house, reflects on the tragic events of the past year that changed her life forever.
Recently added byArina40, EmeraldLeeHodge, Noellb797, private library

English (54)  Spanish (1)  All languages (55)
Am I going to read all three books in this series in one day?

I think I am.

Finishing the middle book of a trilogy is the best and worst part - you're invested in the characters and you want to know what happens next, but what if the author fucks up the ending???

Some thoughts:

- Conrad, get your shit in a pile. I'm getting real sick of you and if you keep acting like this then I hope Belly moves the fuck on and gets over you already,

- Jeremiah, my sweet cinnamon roll, you are too good for this series (too pure). Find a lovely, non-Belly girl and get on with your life.

- Belly, untangle yourself from Conrad ffs. Finish high school, meet literally any other guy in the world apart from these brothers and move on.

(I am willing to bet ten thousand dollars that the last book is not, in fact, about these three getting on with their lives and leaving each other alone.) ( )
  a-shelf-apart | Nov 19, 2019 |
I like Belly - but sometimes she really is just stupid. In the followup to the first book in the series, Belly and gang are mourning the loss of Suzanne and Belly's romance with Conrad seems to finally be moving out of the realm of girlish daydreams and into reality. But who does Belly really love? the boy or the dream? and is the real Conrad someone who loves her back. I sort of just wanted both boys to drop her hard! But teen angst and attraction are real and that is the saving grace of this character. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jun 17, 2019 |
I am so glad that I started this series. I wasn't sure what I would think about it when I started the first book. But, I loved The Summer I Turned Pretty so much, that I ordered the second (It's Not Summer Without You) and third (We'll Always Have Summer) books before I even finished the first one. When I was finally able to settle down enough to read and finish this one, I whizzed through it quickly. I read the last 100 pages or so in one night.

This will probably one of my favorite series this year. And I am not a big contemporary (romance) fiction type of person. But the way Jenny Han writes, she makes it easy to get into the books and stay into them. For me personally though, the first couple of chapters get my attention, but a tad bit slow for me...Not a drag but just kind of meh....but once I get through the meh part, it breezes by kind of quickly. I am more willing to look into similar type of books on the contemporary romance genre. Hopefully that will help me branch out a little more in this genre. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
"5 out of 5 stars!!! I loved this continuation of Belly's story! Especially with getting to read some of Jeremiah's point-of-view! With the way the author left the book I think there will be another one, I hope, and I can't wait to see what that "a couple years later" part was about and..."

Check out my review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/idolizing-in-summer-novel-book... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Feb 4, 2019 |

fromjesstoyou | Feb 4, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

J + S forever
It was a hot summer day in Cousins.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,574,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible