The Sending by Isobelle Carmody

Meh. On one hand, I'm under the impression there was a large gap between the previous book and this one, publication wise. This was a trudge to get through. It finally picked up speed near the end, but by that point, I was so bored, even though FINALLY we're on that final quest, I just found it hard to care. Rarely have I had the twitch of the red pen urge quite so bad. Cut out about half of the heavy handed references to previous books and assume some brains on the part of the reader, and this book would be half as thick. I'll probably read the future books, but as library snags, not buying them.
(These read more as middle grade than YA. Even with that in mind, though..) ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Mar 31, 2013 |
Although it has been a long time since I read the rest of the books and it was handy for me to have the first half of this one recapping events, I found it slightly boring.

It wasn't until the journey started where I found myself intriguied and wondering what was going to happen next. A great ending to book six and it leaves us with many burning questions with book seven. I can't wait! ( )
  ashooles | Jan 7, 2012 |

"It came to me then, like a chilly draught from an unseen gap, that I had always known in my deepest heart that it would be like this, a slipping away from a life full of people I had come to love, in a place I had helped to shape, in a land I had helped to free." The time has come at last for Elspeth Gordie to leave the Land on her quest to find and stop the computer machine Sentinel from unleashing the deadly Balance of Terror arsenal. But before she can embark on her journey, she must find a lost key. And although she has long prepared for this day, nothing is as she anticipated. Elspeth's search will take her where she never thought to go, and bestow upon her stranger companions than any she ever imagined. It will lead her far from her destination to those she believed lost forever. And it will test her, as she has never been tested before..." --Publisher description.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,443,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible