Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Calling (Dragon Age) by David Gaider

The Calling (Dragon Age) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by David Gaider (Author)

Member:wolfdrummer13
Title:The Calling (Dragon Age)
Authors:David Gaider (Author)
Info:Tor Books (2009), 444 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Dragon Age: The Calling by David Gaider (2009)

English (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (3)
i thought this was wayyy better than The Stolen Throne, and perhaps more importantly, reading this has given me the perfect excuse to replay DAO and Awakening for the 100 time, with all this fun new lore context to keep in mind ( )
  ireneattolia | Sep 3, 2018 |
The second of two prequels to the "Dragon Age: Origins" video game. This one tells the story of a trip taken by King Maric, accompanied by Grey Wardens (including a very young Duncan) into the Deep Roads. We also meet the Architect for the first time. I didn't enjoy this book nearly as much as "The Stolen Throne" (mostly because there isn't much Loghain), but I did enjoy the lore. I'd definitely recommend for a fan of the video games, but probably not as a stand-alone fantasy novel (unless you read TST and enjoyed it without knowing about the games. Then, this might be fun, too). ( )
1 vote herebedragons | Jun 16, 2011 |
To Lee, my biggest fan
Less than a year earlier, the only way Duncan would have seen the inside of a palace would have been at the sword-point of a prison guard.

"After two hundred years of exile, King Maric has allowed the legendary Grey Wardens to finally return to Ferelden. When they come home, however, they bring dire news: one of their own has escaped into the Deep Roads and aligned himself with their ancient enemy, the monstrous darkspawn. The Grey Wardens need Maric's help, and he reluctantly agrees to lead them into the passages he traveled through many years before, chasing after a deadly secret that will threaten to destroy not only the Grey Wardens but also the kingdom above."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,502,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible