Brava, Valentine: A Novel by Adriana…

Brava, Valentine: A Novel (edition 2010)

by Adriana Trigiani

6195215,730 (3.76)10
Title:Brava, Valentine: A Novel
Authors:Adriana Trigiani
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Nice light read, interesting to learn a little about the shoe business! Was disappointed with the heroine for feeling guilty about putting her dream business venture before her needy new lover's expectations. In the end it all worked out. ( )
  LittleGreenBookshop | Aug 22, 2016 |
I will borrow from the cover:
"tiramisu for the soul" and "moonstruck meets sex and the city".
Another enjoyable read from this author! ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
Too predictable. I felt like the author was lecturing me on how people should behave in relationships. ( )
  Darwa | Mar 18, 2016 |
Parts of this book were very charming or poignant, but had too much emphasis on fashion and interior design to suit me. The interactions and the characters were great, but Valentine's musings tended to get preachy and pedantic. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
I was somewhat disappointed : (

Trigiani became one of my favorite authors after I read The Shoemaker’s Wife and then Very Valentine. Her writing style is wonderful. I love the way she can set a scene and describe events, locations and people in loving detail. I fell in love with Valentine Angelini, her gram, and their shoe business in Very Valentine. I loved the boisterous Italian family. I was so looking forward to revisiting the Angelini family here. Unfortunately, this sequel was too over-the-top for me. Valentine is no longer endearing—instead she came off rather whiny and childish. There was a number of stories about the trials and tribulations of various family members with little depth and too much of the stereotypical for me. There were glimmers of the writer I came to love here, and her descriptions of Buenos Aires were lovely. But I find I now care less about the characters I loved in Very Valentine—Oh dear! I’ve no interest in reading the further adventures (if there are any). That’s never happened before. I read this via audiobook, and once again the narrator, Cassandra Campbell, is great—not her fault the story wasn’t there for me. I guess my expectations were too high. : ( Nevertheless, I’m rating it 3 stars. It wasn’t bad, just not close to what I expected…. ( )
  Bluebird1 | Jan 16, 2016 |
Note that Adriana Trigiani's Very Valentine, Brava Valentine, and any sequels that are forthcoming do not belong in series with Doctor Lochinvar (A Valentine Book #333) by Jean Carew. I have purposely changed the series designation to VValentine for Adriana Trigiani's books to keep the unrelated and irrelevant book out of this series. For this reason, I would ask that you please do not alter the series designation back to Valentine.

A once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity takes shoe designer and businesswomen Valentine Roncalli from the winding streets of Greenwich Village to the sun-kissed cobblestones of Buenos Aires, where she finds a long-buried secret hidden deep within a family scandal. Once unearthed, the truth rocks the Roncallis and Valentine is determined to hold her family together as she longs to create one of her own.… (more)

Adriana Trigiani is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,722,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible