Brava, Valentine: A Novel by Adriana…

Brava, Valentine: A Novel (edition 2010)

by Adriana Trigiani

Member:jo-jo
Title:Brava, Valentine: A Novel
Authors:Adriana Trigiani
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:fiction

Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Recently added bycltouchstone, winteralli, tennwisc, nicx27, private library, susan0316, debavp, Dmtcer, pittpurple

This is the second book in the trilogy. Grandma has married and moved to Italy and left the shoe company in the ownership of Valentine and her brother Alfred, who she doesn't get along with. Valentine also falls in love and has to make a lot of decisions as she moves ahead with her life. She has to make decisions both about her personal life and the future of the company. i enjoyed this book even more than the first one. Can't wait to read book three to see how the series ends. ( )
  susan0316 | Jun 21, 2014 |
I love the character of Valentine. She is funny and quirky, and human as well. I read this one in one afternoon; I had to know how it ended! ( )
  Dmtcer | Jun 3, 2014 |
Meh. Not bad. I preferred the first book in the series, Very Valentine, because I felt this book was rushing to its inevitable happily-ever-after ending. The last chapter was particularly guilty in this regard. But it was fun to continue the story with these characters. Not stellar, but worth my time. ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
This is the second book in the Valentine series. I enjoyed it much more than the first book, Very Valentine. That one got off to a very slow start for me. Valentine Roncalli is part of a large Italian American extended family, and it took awhile to get to know all of the characters in the first book. In this one, I already knew them and it was like coming back to catch up with old friends! This story picks up right where book one left off, with a wedding in Tuscany! I love reading stories set in Italy, and the descriptive language in this one is beautiful! The story is good, too, as we learn about Valentine’s developing relationship with her grandmother’s new stepson. I also enjoyed watching Val cope with learning to work with her brother, who she has never really gotten along with. And I was intrigued when Val learned that her grandfather had had a falling out with HIS brother, and she learns she has cousins in Argentina….cousins who add diversity to the family tree! This book left me wanting more, and luckily, the third book is available now! ( )
  Time2Read2 | Jan 27, 2014 |
(121) ( )
  activelearning | Dec 1, 2013 |
Note that Adriana Trigiani's Very Valentine, Brava Valentine, and any sequels that are forthcoming do not belong in series with Doctor Lochinvar (A Valentine Book #333) by Jean Carew. I have purposely changed the series designation to VValentine for Adriana Trigiani's books to keep the unrelated and irrelevant book out of this series. For this reason, I would ask that you please do not alter the series designation back to Valentine.

A once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity takes shoe designer and businesswomen Valentine Roncalli from the winding streets of Greenwich Village to the sun-kissed cobblestones of Buenos Aires, where she finds a long-buried secret hidden deep within a family scandal. Once unearthed, the truth rocks the Roncallis and Valentine is determined to hold her family together as she longs to create one of her own.… (more)

Adriana Trigiani is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,650,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible