Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Forget You (edition 2010)

by Jennifer Echols

Member:TheReaderBee
Title:Forget You
Authors:Jennifer Echols
Info:MTV (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Read

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (Anonymous user)
    Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols (Anonymous user)

The novel introduces us to Zoey whose mean-spirited father is about to marry his much younger and pregnant mistress and whose jilted, mentally ill mother tries to commit suicide. On top of that, Doug has an equally nasty father and spent some time in juvie after the death of his mother. They get into a car accident bad enough to total Zoey's car, break Doug's leg, and give Zoey amnesia.

And that's all in the first 1/4 of the book!

But if you can get past the heavy backstory, Doug and Zoey are worth the read. Doug is my favorite of Jennifer Echols' heroes. He's smart, caring, observant, and sexy even on crutches. ( )
  AnnaAbner | Apr 14, 2014 |
I'm even more of a Jennifer Echols fan now after reading this book. Some parts got on my nerves a bit (Zoey falling "in love" with Brandon), but for the most part, I thought the characters and story line were really well done. I loved Zoey and Doug and their complexities, though sometimes he seemed a little "too" angry. Reading Forget You made me want to reread Going Too Far, because that was one of my favorite books in the past couple years. ( )
  bladechik99 | Feb 28, 2014 |
** spoiler alert ** So sweet! I'll admit it's more than a little frustrating at times but I still loved the book! I just got frustrated because I wanted Zoey to realize that Doug was an amazing guy at (basically) the beginning of the book! I ( )
  MichealaBeth | Jul 4, 2013 |
This book has a hard act to follow after "Going Too Far." I liked the characters, didn't quite "get" the bipolar conclusions, and look forward to reading it again sometime (if only to get a better feel for what I missed). "Going Too Far" will remain on my re-read roll call, however, for being purely awesome and making me cry, every time. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
Someone would say Zoey is a spoiled brat because her dad is filthy rich... Other people would say she is brain-dead because she keeps saying Brandon is her boyfriend... Other would say she is blind not to see that Doug is in love with her forever... I agree on all three points. It can be really irritating at times how stupid her actions and comments are.
The plot of the book is interesting, but most of the characters seemed just too unrealistic too me. Like they are from those over-the-top unreal MTV teenage series. Oh look, surprise, book was published by MTV. o.O ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
This book is for readers of Going Too Far who enjoyed it and told a friend. I appreciate you.
Every strong swimmer has a story about nearly drowning.

WHY CAN’T YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU FORGET . . . AND WHAT YOU REMEMBER? There’s a lot Zoey would like to forget. Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four- year old girlfriend. Like Zoey’s fear that the whole town will find out about her mom’s nervous breakdown. Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school. Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she’s the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon. But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there’s one thing she can’t remember at all—the entire night before. Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned? And if so, why does it seem like Brandon is avoiding her? And why is Doug—of all people— suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them? Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that night as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her. Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life—a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.

After her parents separate, seventeen-year-old Zoey has a car accident she cannot remember and starts asking her high school swim team friends what happened on that night at the beach on the Florida panhandle.

Jennifer Echols is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,570,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible