A Well Pleasured Lady by Christina Dodd

A Well Pleasured Lady (edition 1997)

by Christina Dodd

Member:a_vogon_poet
Title:A Well Pleasured Lady
Authors:Christina Dodd
Info:Avon (1997), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:historical romance, christina dodd, ebook, library book, 2012

A Well Pleasured Lady by Christina Dodd

I have enjoyed reading several of Christina Dodd's book and found this one lacking.

Lady Guinevere Mary Fairchild and her brother ran away from their home after having something to do with a man's death. Mary ended up working as head housekeeper for Lady Valery who is notorious for having clandestine liaisons with members of the parliament. Unfortunately, the details of her liasions were added to her diary which has been stolen by someone in the Fairchild family and she asks for her godson's (Lord Sebastian Durant's) help to get it back.

Her plot is to have Sebastian announce his engagement to Mary and return to the Fairchild estate to find the diary.

After the beginning, the story seemed to lag and I didn't feel the love between the two main characters. To me it seemed all about the sex and getting revenge. I think it could have had stronger characters and a better plot throughout the whole book.

This was a disappointment to me since I've enjoyed so many of Ms. Dodd's other books. ( )
  sherton | Aug 9, 2009 |
I liked this book for the first part. Then I hated it. Who in God's name ever thought that rape was sexy??? Because that's exactly what it was. Mary was flat-out raped, and the fact that we're supposed to like the guy who did this almost made me vomit. I lost any sympathy for the hero at that point. He claims to love her - and I don't believe a bit of it. He's cruel, selfish, and a rapist to boot. And his attempt at an "apology" later is pathetic. Disgusting. ( )
1 vote Anniik | Feb 8, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380790890, Mass Market Paperback)

Powerful Sebastian Durant, Viscount Whitfield, has good cause to hate the Fairchild family, so when his godmother requests Sebastian's help in regaining an incriminating diary she believes to have been stolen by the Fairchilds, he welcomes the opportunity to exact revenge. Lady Mary Fairchild, though estranged from her family for 10 years, is loath to aid the Viscount. Unfortunately, her loyalty to his godmother, and the knowledge that Sebastian is privy to the dark secret she hides from the world, compels her to cooperate. The handsome Viscount and the beautiful Lady Mary pose as engaged lovers, and their charade soon becomes reality as they untangle a web of lies, theft, and betrayal that threatens their very lives. Christina Dodd has once again written a historical romance filled with her trademark humor, wit, and steamy sensuality, giving readers yet another not-to-be-missed novel.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:19 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,496,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible