xkcd: volume 0 by Randall Munroe

xkcd: volume 0 (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Randall Munroe

Info:Breadpig (2010), Paperback, 120 pages
Collections:Read in 2012, Kindle
Rating:*****
Tags:Comics

xkcd: Volume 0 by Randall Munroe (2009)

Recently added byMaddLibbs, jcollas, -sunny-, private library, Glire, tkappleton, Jami_Leigh, esther_a, tau_sigma
21st century (3) American (3) cartoons (9) collection (6) comic (26) comic strips (11) comics (78) ebook (20) English (4) fiction (23) funny (3) geek (9) graphic novel (11) humble bundle (7) humor (67) internet (7) Kindle (4) mathematics (15) non-fiction (6) own (4) owned (4) read (6) romance (4) science (17) signed (3) to-read (9) webcomic (23) webcomics (9) wishlist (3) xkcd (12)

English (14)  Swedish (1)  All languages (15)
Good

http://xkcd.com/ is an online institution amongst the cognoscenti and now there is a book so that lubbers can catch up too. It also has a bunch of commentary from the author on his cartoons. If you’re not an XKCD fan then this book is not for you. If you don’t know XKCD and/or are a fan then this book is for you.

Overall – Intelligent and amusing ( )
  psutto | Sep 5, 2013 |
Are you a huge fan of the hugely funny, highly intelligent and sometime breathtaking web comic XKCD? Do you want support the website? or perhaps just have a hard copy of some of cartoons (with extra commentary for the books, oh yes) Then this is the book for you. Otherwise well I had to question your taste. XKCD is the best thing on the web; pop culture, science and of course life are all skewered...

Sadly the mouse over captions are missing from these tasters so just go and spend an hour clicking random on
http://xkcd.com. ( )
  clfisha | Aug 29, 2013 |
Oh XKCD - How I love thee! Let me count the ways... in Binary! Always fun, always amusing and always intelligent... sometimes way too intelligent. Great art, you are not, but you are always interesting.

What more can I say about XKCD!? ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jul 5, 2013 |
I'm not geek enough to understand the math/science jokes in xkcd, but I do love the Firefly reference ones, and ones that make me smile wryly like this. Obviously, if you buy this book, you're paying for something that you can find easily online and for free -- and it's only a selection, and there's no guarantee that your favourite strips are in here... Still, it's a fun retrospective of xkcd and I found a couple I'd never come across before. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
Raccolta di vignette da www.xkcd.com, molto spesso difficili da capire per contesto e contenuto, ma estremamente ragionate e istruttive.

---
Pack of xkcd comic strips (from www.xkcd.com); often too hard to understand (to me at least) for content and context but extremely instructive and full of meaning. ( )
  Saretta.L | Apr 2, 2013 |
To all the crazy people who showed up in a little park in Cambridge that September afternoon.

Presents personal selections and fan favorites from the online comic.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,465,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible