A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings Series #1)…

A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings Series #1) (edition 2003)

by Kristen Heitzmann

Member:judyg54
Title:A Rush of Wings (A Rush of Wings Series #1)
Authors:Kristen Heitzmann
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2003), Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:OWN

A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann

This Christian story had just enough draw to keep my interest and the ending was great but she held her secrets too long and it was slow going at times such that I skimmed some. In a panic, Noelle flees NY and ends up at Rick's Rocky Mountain horse ranch.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
A well-executed Christian romance novel. I was very taken with the novel's main characters - Noelle and brothers Rick and Morgan Spencer. Each was compelling and believable in their own ways. Not much of the novel was a surprise, but getting there was an enjoyable journey. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 3, 2014 |
Christian fiction, contemporary, romantic suspense, Colorado, New York ( )
  brandyhei | Dec 16, 2013 |
This story dealt with people you learned to love, even though they made mistakes, had problems and fought the truth. There is a tender romance story in this book, but it is to me, much more than a romantic fiction story , but a story of people searching for the truth, some searching in the wrong places and some searching in the right places, but who still fail to make the right desicions. But the encouraging part is that even when we fail or turn our backs on God, He is still faithful and will never turn His back on His own. I truly enjoyed the message behind this story, and how the author dealt with the age old question of why does God allow bad things to happen to good people.

Noelle St. Claire finds herself fleeing a danger that she can't quite remember all the details. She finds herself arriving at the Rocky Mountain horse ranch owned by Rick Spencer and his brother Morgan. Noelle is beautiful, very vulnerable and has secrets she just can't seem to trust anyone with. The two brothers, who are opposites in many ways, try to bring her out of her shell and help her, but Noelle has alot of fears and can't quite figure out if they are real or imagined. Both brothers have different ways of trying to help Noelle, but only one will truly win her heart. In the process though, will he also lose his "first love".

This was not one of those books that I couldn't put down until I read what would happen next. It wasn't a fast paced story, but by the end I realized how well this story was put together and how much I enjoyed growing along with these characters and when they felt their failures, I felt for them in a very real way. I look forward to reading more about one of the Spencer brothers in "The Still of Night". ( )
  judyg54 | Nov 20, 2012 |
A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann is a re-release of the book, originally published in 2003. The cover is new but the story is every bit as good as it was the first time I read it.

Noelle St. Clair is on the run. She has lost her memory and has no idea who or what she is fleeing from but she knows that there is danger and she must escape. In her flight, she leaves behind a loving but confused father and a frightened fiance. Her flight leads her from the pampered confines of a luxurious home, away from a doting father, and from an errant fiance to the small secluded horse ranch in the Rocky Mountains. It is here that she finds safety, respite, and refuge.
In her attempts to hide from a danger that she cannot identify, Noelle finds herself forming new relationships and friends of a totally different ilk than any she had ever known. Bit by bit, her memories return until the day that she is forced to face head-on the very source of her fears.

Kristen Heitzmann keeps the reader on pins and needles as she slowly reveals and unravels the tangled threads of Noelle's past. Just when you think you have it all figured out, another twist is revealed that makes you question all that you thought you knew and understood. Noelle slowly learns to trust, not only in her new-found friends, but she also learns to trust in a God who had been an utter stranger until Rick Spencer introduced Him to her through the Word.

I first read this book in April of 2004 and enjoyed it just as much when I read it again in December of 2010. Noelle's story is a story that tells of hope in the time of despair, peace in the time of turmoil, and safety in a time of peril. It was a pleasure to watch as Noelle grew from being afraid to trust anyone to learning to trust in both God and others. It was exciting to see how Noelle discovered the truths that are found in Psalms 91:2: "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust," and also in Psalms 46:1: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (KJV)

A copy of this book was provided to me by Bethany House Publishers for review purposes. I received no compensation for this review nor was I under any obligation to provide a favorable review. All comments are my own true and unsolicited observations. ( )
  HisChild | Feb 13, 2011 |
All glorious is the king's daughter as she enters . . . borne in with gladness and joy. Psalm 45:13,16
To Jessie, who saw this book from its inception through its many faces to now, who assists me with wisdom and joy in building the Kingdom.

Running from terrors both recent and remembered, Noelle flees her New York mansion for the Rocky Mountains, seeking a place to hide from the men who betrayed her. Her sanctuary is a horse ranch, where she discovers solace in the breathtaking scenery she paints. But as the attentions of two brothers slowly soften the wall she hides behind, the past she yearns to escape becomes a menacing threat she cannot deny. Will Noelle find courage to give her broken heart to the One whose perfect love casts out all fear? Kristen Heitzmann skillfully creates a story resonating with emotion and a poignant spiritual journey.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:59 -0400)

Running from terrors both recent and remembered, Noelle flees her New York mansion for the Rocky Mountains, seeking a hiding place from the men who betrayed her. Her sanctuary is a horse ranch, where she discovers solace in the breathtaking scenery she paints. As the attentions of two brothers slowly soften the wall she hides behind, the past she yearns to escape becomes a menacing threat she cannot deny.… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,140,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible