Burned by P. C. Cast
2,028None3,284 (3.89)23

English (53)  German (1)  All languages (54)
I just finished reading Burned by P.C. And Kristin Cast. It is the seventh book in the House Of Night series by them. This book takes place in both Tulsa, Oklahoma and Italy. Zoey's soul is shattered after her childhood love is tragically killed. Her spirit is in pieces in the Otherworld. Her friends back on Earth are trying to save her life by finding away to get her soul back together so she can return to her body.

This is my second time reading this book. Like the first time, I had to resist temptation not to jump over all the sad parts and get to the ending. I loved it as much as I did the first time. I also find that I skipped over some important details the first time as well. I love this series so much! I'm completely and totally addicted to it.

I didn't really find anything wrong with this series. However, I do feel that maybe since the chapters are clearly defined as who's perspective it is they could all be in first person. However, it's still good the way it's written as well. Zoey is the only perspective written in first person. The others are written in third person.

I fully recommend this book to anybody who loves dramatic and thrilling supernatural series. It's targeted at young adult audiences, but anybody who loves this kind of genre will love it. I fully encourage reading the books in order though. Reading them out of order will get you confused. ( )
  PricilliaDragomir | Feb 7, 2014 |
It was a really good book. it took you deeper into their world. I can't wait until the next book. If you like Night World you will Love House of night.
  AmyMathisGreen | Oct 19, 2013 |
The books are just so awesome! The plot has gotten so multilayered and each character is grown and changing as more and more challenges are trown at them. I'm very excited for #8 ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 7, 2013 |
Not as good as the previous ones, maybe I've missed something?

Still good, but the "Scottish" was very cringey. Embarrassing to read. ( )
  Corazie | Jul 25, 2013 |
Actual rating: 3.5/5.

I felt like the book was just some blah blah blah... ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |
when ppl burn
added by fapgoogoogoo | editi touch myself

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
P. C.: This one is for my Guardian. I love you.
Kristin: (She means you, “Shawnus.”)
Kalona lifted his hands.
"Oh, please, if its ass is feathered and waterproof, it's a duck." Aphrodite

Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…

Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.

In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.

Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned.

As Zoey's fate hangs in the balance, her friends must figure out how to bring her back from the Otherworld while coping with serious problems of their own.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,446,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible