Burned by P. C. Cast

English (60)  German (1)  All languages (61)
I would recommend this book to other people. The characters are well developed and the plot is very good and many things come together throughout the book. I didn't want it to end. Just be ready for cliff hangers, and read all of the other books too or else you won't understand it. 5Q5P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this to middle and high school students as well as adults. I chose to read this book because the cover caught my eyes. Now I want the whole series! JackieK
  edspicer | Dec 30, 2014 |
So this book is definitely up to the same standard as the first books in this series but definitely not as bad as Tempted that was more like filler than an actual book and then after a horrible filler story it left off with a serious cliffhanger. Not the best book...but this one kicks it up a notch and I am happy to see everyone working hard to get to a resolution toward the end of the book. I do not like the continued creepy visions of this and that and the like teasing that the author is doing, I mean, I know that teasing is part of a good story but this is starting to get ridiculous.

I enjoy the characters to an extent. I am starting to not feel the dialogue of the characters are bit, they sound to young in some parts but too old in others and it is messing me all up. Does any teen say bull-poopie? EVER? I almost closed the book and left it right there.

Other than the above, I really heart Stark and I am just to invested in this series to give up on it so...next up with be Awakened and I am hoping it is good. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
2.5 stars

****SPOILERS for previous book(s)****
Zoey's soul has been shattered and she will die if she can't get it put back together.
****SPOILER end****

I was just not very interested in this one. Mostly the book was told from the points of view of others (not Zoey). I'm not sure if that's why I disliked it, or if it was something else. Either way, this was book 7 and it seems there are now 17 books in the series. I think this is the last one for me. I gave it the extra ½ star because there were parts near the end that I found more interesting, but overall, I really didn't care all that much. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 20, 2014 |
I don't like it.I am so disappointed.House of Night is one of my favorites.It made me sad that it went so downhill.
I just cant believe in this whole story what they only did is bring Zoey back from other world.That's it.The story didn't move an inch from the previous one.
And so many slang.I get it that people use slang when they are angry or pissed or in pressure.But in here they were using slang at every other line.They were using slang in deadly serious situations like discussing strategy to bring Zoey back.So many "F" words,it just made my head ache.
Not one of the characters had grown up even a little bit.They were just annoying.The whole story was told in spiritual and hypothetical way and I couldn't understand any of it.What stark did to get to Zoey in the other world is still a mystery to me.I mean with whom was he really fighting and why?I know they said it with himself.But I just don't get it.And all those personification of Light and Darkness through two bulls,I was having a hard time getting it.I mean Light is good and Darkness is bad,right?It's simple enough.I don't know why they made it sound so complex.And why the white bull is bad and the black one is good?It seems to me they just said it because Stevie Rae accidentally had to call the wrong one,no other reason.
The only thing I like about it is the relationship between Stevie Rae and Rephaim.That's why I am giving it two stars.I really love this series.I just hope the next one will not be vague like this one. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
don't have books 4-6
  Kaitlin_Michelle | Jul 14, 2014 |
when ppl burn
added by fapgoogoogoo | editi touch myself

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
P. C.: This one is for my Guardian. I love you.
Kristin: (She means you, “Shawnus.”)
Kalona lifted his hands.
"Oh, please, if its ass is feathered and waterproof, it's a duck." Aphrodite

Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…

Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.

In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.

Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned.

As Zoey's fate hangs in the balance, her friends must figure out how to bring her back from the Otherworld while coping with serious problems of their own.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,145,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible