Burned: A House of Night Novel by P. C. Cast

Burned: A House of Night Novel (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:rock.chick
Title:Burned: A House of Night Novel
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:books i need

Burned by P. C. Cast

English (58)  German (1)  All languages (59)
2.5 stars

****SPOILERS for previous book(s)****
Zoey's soul has been shattered and she will die if she can't get it put back together.
****SPOILER end****

I was just not very interested in this one. Mostly the book was told from the points of view of others (not Zoey). I'm not sure if that's why I disliked it, or if it was something else. Either way, this was book 7 and it seems there are now 17 books in the series. I think this is the last one for me. I gave it the extra ½ star because there were parts near the end that I found more interesting, but overall, I really didn't care all that much. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 20, 2014 |
I don't like it.I am so disappointed.House of Night is one of my favorites.It made me sad that it went so downhill.
I just cant believe in this whole story what they only did is bring Zoey back from other world.That's it.The story didn't move an inch from the previous one.
And so many slang.I get it that people use slang when they are angry or pissed or in pressure.But in here they were using slang at every other line.They were using slang in deadly serious situations like discussing strategy to bring Zoey back.So many "F" words,it just made my head ache.
Not one of the characters had grown up even a little bit.They were just annoying.The whole story was told in spiritual and hypothetical way and I couldn't understand any of it.What stark did to get to Zoey in the other world is still a mystery to me.I mean with whom was he really fighting and why?I know they said it with himself.But I just don't get it.And all those personification of Light and Darkness through two bulls,I was having a hard time getting it.I mean Light is good and Darkness is bad,right?It's simple enough.I don't know why they made it sound so complex.And why the white bull is bad and the black one is good?It seems to me they just said it because Stevie Rae accidentally had to call the wrong one,no other reason.
The only thing I like about it is the relationship between Stevie Rae and Rephaim.That's why I am giving it two stars.I really love this series.I just hope the next one will not be vague like this one. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
don't have books 4-6
  Kaitlin_Michelle | Jul 14, 2014 |
This book was a bit different than the previous 6. The pace was a little less fast, however it still had the urgency. Zoey's spirit has been shattered by Heath's death, and she is trapped in the Other world until she can literally pull herself together. Unfortunately she only has a week to do it before her body will die and she will become something terrible. The council tries to decide what should be done about the whole situation, but once again Neferat manipulates the situation. Once she knows what has happened, she sends Kalona's spirit into the Other world after Zoey to prevent her from leaving. Stark, with Aphrodite's and Darius's help heads to the ancient island of Skye to seek the help of it's ancient queen. Stark undergoes a ritual to become a shaman and Zoey's guardian which will allow him to enter into the Other world after her. Once there, he must convince Heath to leave so that Zoey will come back and save the world! Meanwhile in Tulsa Stevie Rae picks up where Zoey left off with two guys (one the lead Raven Mocker who Killed Dragon's mate Rephaim). She invokes the two Bulls personifying Light and Darkness because of one of the (terrible) prophetic poems their new poet gives her. However Dallas finds out about her new crush(?) and chooses darkness, which changes him into the second red vampyre. Luckily for everyone Zoey pulls herself together and her and stark make it out of the Otherworld alive, but not before a showdown with Kalona that ends in Nyx making Kalona give Stark a piece of his immortality!
There was more feelings in this book, but don't let that fool you, it was still an action packed book! ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
These books are fine and all but has anyone else realized that there are going to be TWELVE of them in total?! After Burned you have Stolen, Burdened, Touched, Cloaked and Wanted. No wonder they are starting to tell the story from multiple perspectives. (Speculation is now at fifteen books).

Loving the U.K. cover by the way, disappointed its not Stevie Rae like the U.S. but it will look good on my shelf anyway.

Finally, time for me to actually review it. Okay, so this took me a while to read seeing as I have to study for the state exams the Irish government insist I take.

Well, I enjoyed this far more than I thought I would, I really did. I still hate Zoey, and speaking of hate, I despise Damien, Jack, and the Twins too.

But now for things I like, Stark for one, and pretty much anything to do with Stevie Rae and Rephaim, I hope that ends well.

This book still has the shameless pop culture references and I hate the really over the top "And I suddenly realised what I must say..." moments but all in all, its a good book.

Lets just hope Rephaim, Stevie Rae and Stark get their happy endings now.

Oh, I must also compliment the authors for the research they did, although I obviously don't speak Scottish Gaelic, I definitely recognised the words that are identical to Irish. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
when ppl burn
added by fapgoogoogoo | editi touch myself

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
P. C.: This one is for my Guardian. I love you.
Kristin: (She means you, “Shawnus.”)
Kalona lifted his hands.
"Oh, please, if its ass is feathered and waterproof, it's a duck." Aphrodite

Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…

Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.

In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.

Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned.

As Zoey's fate hangs in the balance, her friends must figure out how to bring her back from the Otherworld while coping with serious problems of their own.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,491,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible