Burned: A House of Night Novel by P. C. Cast

Burned: A House of Night Novel (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:rock.chick
Title:Burned: A House of Night Novel
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:books i need

Burned by P. C. Cast

English (73)  German (2)  English (75)
House of Night Burned was another entertaining book in the series, however it dragged on a bit. The relationships develop a little more, but the book needed a better plot line. I don't really like the multiple perspective writing but if they are going to drag it on into more books I guess I will have to deal. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
Another good one, but when will this series ever be over? ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Much better than the last book, but still not grabbing me like some of the previous ones. I used to read because I liked Zoey and wanted to see where her story was going, but lately she's just been annoying. It was nice to have a bit of a break from her in this book. Anymore I am more interested in seeing what with happen with Stevie Rae. She really shined in this book and I am actually looking forward to the next one. Stark was also much better in this one. Was never a huge fan of his. As always love Aphrodite. Say what you will but she makes me laugh. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I really didn't like this book in the series, it is full of crab, though there was some good parts but they were filled with bad words! the book was so slow. the only part I liked that Stevie Rae and Rephaim might have a chance. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
when ppl burn
added by fapgoogoogoo | editi touch myself

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
P. C.: This one is for my Guardian. I love you.
Kristin: (She means you, “Shawnus.”)
Kalona lifted his hands.
"Oh, please, if its ass is feathered and waterproof, it's a duck." Aphrodite
(p 95-96)
The Red One steps into the Light
girded loins for her part in
the apocalyptic fight.

Darkness hides in different forms
see beyond shape, color, lies
and the emotional storms.

Ally with him; pay with your heart
though trust cannot be given
unless the Darkness you part.

See with the soul and not your eyes
because to dance with beasts you
must penetrate their disguise.
(p 161)
A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases
I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy you?
Follow truth and you shall:
What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible
If you believe
The we shall both be free.
(p 289-290)
A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases

I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy you?
Follow truth and you shall:

What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible

If you believe
The we shall both be free

Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…

Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.

In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.

Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned.

As Zoey's fate hangs in the balance, her friends must figure out how to bring her back from the Otherworld while coping with serious problems of their own.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,654,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible