Shadow Mirror by Richie Tankersley Cusick

Shadow Mirror

by Richie Tankersley Cusick

33None335,536 (4.1)None

Shadow Mirror continues the story of Miranda who has recently moved to Louisiana and inherited an interesting ability. In a superstitious southern community, ghosts are drawn to her and she must help and put them to rest. Shadow Mirror is full of romance, drama, quirky characters, and sexy southern men that would tempt any young girl. There is also a softer side to the story, the gosts Miranda encounters tell a heartbreaking story of a family during the Civil War at a plantation called Belle Chandelle. I would reccomend this story for anyone who has a soft spot for southern charm,ghosts, young women trying to find their way, and the old south. ( )
  BrandisBookMusings | Oct 21, 2010 |
I first saw this book mentioned on The Story Siren's blog and it grabbed my attention so I was happy when I just happen to wander into the YA section of my library and there it was. I did not realize this was the second book in what I guess will be a series following Miranda. So I may be missing some nuances in the character interactions that developed in the first book. Still I really enjoyed it and didn't have much trouble following the story. Miranda's ability was fascinating and although I never actually watched the show it reminded me of the glimpses I've seen of The Ghost Whisperer. Ghosts who need help seek Miranda out but this is a new ability that she hasn't quite figured out how to control. The only people who know about her ability is a small group of friends including two handsome cousins, Etienne and Gage. I'm always a sucker for romance and I was wondering which cousin she would end up with at the end of the story. I loved both Etienne and Gage but Etienne definitely had an edge in my opinion due to his Cajun drawl. The way he spoke reminded me of the X-Man, Gambit, my all time favorite X-Men character. The story of the ghosts Miranda needed to help really broke my heart and I have to admit at one point I actually shed some tears. If you are into ghost stories mixed in with a little romantic tension this is a good one to pick up. ( )
  dasuzuki | May 8, 2010 |

Unsettling. There's no better word to describe Miranda Barnes's ability to hear the cries of the dead, feel the wind move her hair when they run by, and - dare she look into a mirror - see the reflection of a ghostly woman behind her. There's only one person to turn to for support: Etienne. As sexy as he is mysterious, Miranda can't help but be drawn to him. He believes her; he wants to help her. But there's a secret in Etienne's past, something Miranda's on the verge of discovering. As paranormal activity escalates, passion grows, and soon Miranda is caught up in both love . . . and tragedy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:21 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Miranda Barnes' ability to communicate with spirits gets her in trouble when she crosses over to the "Other Side," and only love will bring her back.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,446,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible