The Jeffrey Dahmer Story: An American…

The Jeffrey Dahmer Story: An American Nightmare

by Donald A. Davis

A Father's Story: One Man's Anguish at Confronting the Evil in His Son by Lionel Dahmer (1995-07-06) by Lionel Dahmer (juglicerr)
    juglicerr: I recommend that anyone reading about Jeffrey Dahmer read this rather sad book by his father.

on Sunday, November 13, 2005 I wrote about this book:

I did read just a bit. I had to stop cause when I read about the 14 year old boy Konerak, who ran away with Dahmer following him, and the police believing Dahmer'who said the boy was a gay drunk, the boy still had a pair of handcuff's on his wrist!!! and bringing the boy back to Dahmers apartment where he was slaughtered....
No this was to emotional for me.

on Saturday, September 22, 2007 I wrote further:

Well I did manage to read it. Very sad story and Jeffrey Dahmer is pictured so different when you compare it to The Shrine of Jeffrey Dahmer written by Brian Masters. I read both books at once.
Masters tries to see the human side of Dahmer where Davis pictures him as a monster.
Both books were very interesting.

Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
Interesting details, however it did drag in some parts. Definitely showed how the Milwaukee police department needed serious retraining! The book showed how Dahmer's attorneys tried to get him off on an Insanity plea-as is usually the case in such incidents. ( )
  KWoman | Sep 15, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312928408, Mass Market Paperback)

They smelled the foul odors. They heard the power saw buzzing in the dead of night but neighbors never imagined the horrors happening right next door.

The hot sultry night of July 22, 1991 was one the tenants of the Oxford Apartments would never forget. A panic stcricken young man--a pair of handcuffs still dangling from his wrists--ran out of Apartment 213 and told police an incredible tale of terror.

Shaking with fear, he led officers back to his captor's lair, where they made the gruesome discovery. Inside were the body parts of at least fifteen men--including torsos stuffed into a barrel, severed heads in a refrigerator, and skulls boiled clean and stashed in a filing cabinet. Tacked to the freezer were Poloroid photographs of mutilated corpses.

When investigators arrested 31-year-old Jeffrey Dahmer, they realized they had stumbled onto a "real-life Hannibal Lecter"--a sadistic murderer who told them he had saved a human heart "to eat later". What could turn a handsome, former tennis player, the son of middle-class parents, into a perverse serial killer whose unthinkable acts shocked the nation?

The Jeffrey Dahmer Story takes you into Jeffrey Dahmer's twisted world of bizarre sexual encounters, mutilation and cannibalism--in one of history's most appalling true crime cases.

With 8 pages of chilling photographs.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:43 -0400)

An account of the bizarre case of Jeffrey Dahmer--the son of middle-class parents whose ten-year murdering spree is possibly responsible for the deaths of more than sixteen people--describes Dahmer's background and the uncovering of his crimes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,766,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible