Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization…

Plan B 4.0: Mobilizing to Save Civilization (2009)

by Lester R. Brown

Series: Plan B (4.0)

A bit repetitive at times, but very interesting. Makes a really compelling argument. ( )
  hungrylittlebookworm | Mar 27, 2017 |
I do not like this book. The only reason I read it was for an AP environmental science summer assignment. This book makes loads of ludicrous claims about how the earth is going to end in 50 years and backs it up with all these claims that are complete guesses! The author tries to present himself as a man with expert analysis yet his facts and hypothesis are all hypothetical. The recurring theme of "If this happens..." and "If that happens...' proves the hypothetical nature of the book. Furthermore, this man has written multiple "Plan B's". If these plans are so great, why have none been enacted of considered on the international, national, state, or local scale? After reading that book I understood that if I believed any of these claims to be relevant I deserve to be called a fool by any and all of my comrades. ( )
1 vote BrendanC323 | Nov 3, 2013 |

“[Brown’s] ability to make a complicated subject accessible to the general reader is remarkable.”—Katherine Salant, Washington Post

As fossil fuel prices rise, oil insecurity deepens, and concerns about climate change cast a shadow over the future of coal, a new energy economy is emerging. Wind, solar, and geothermal energy are replacing oil, coal, and natural gas, at a pace and on a scale we could not have imagined even a year ago. For the first time since the Industrial Revolution, we have begun investing in energy sources that can last forever. Plan B 4.0 explores both the nature of this transition to a new energy economy and how it will affect our daily lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:19 -0400)

Discusses the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources, examining how the new energy economy will impact people's lives as concerns about climate change increase the pace at which wind, solar, and geothermal energy replaces oil, coal, and natural gas.… (more)

W.W. Norton

2 editions of this book were published by W.W. Norton.

Editions: 0393071030, 0393337197

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,558,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible