Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every…

Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day

by Peter Reinhart

192261,408 (4.17)None
    The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum (NellieMc)
    NellieMc: If you have both these books, you'll be pretty much able to make any bread you'd ever want to.

I know... I'm still reading it and I've given it a rating. But I couldn't help it... I'm halfway through and I LOVE this book. Another book I got a few years ago - Crust, by Richard Bertinet - introduced me to the idea that you can make your dough one day and let it sit for a few days in the fridge before using it. For the past ten years, I make all my own pizza dough, and this is usually the way I make it.

Artisan Breads explores - and explains - that very method, along with others of course. I can't wait to try some of these recipes! As a freelance illustrator, and mother of two teens (yes, I'll accept all sympathy in the form of a cold beer, thanks) time is precious but I still want decent food for my family and myself.

And making bread is very... zen, if I may say so. Beat the crap out of dough and tension is gone. Well, KNEAD the crap out of it.

Anyway, this is definitely a book I'll return to, and now I really want his pizza book! Dang it. ( )
  KVHardy | Jan 2, 2015 |
Great book, Reinhart just keeps getting better and better. These are almost fail proof recipes and once you get into the trick of planning that 15 minutes of time a day or so ahead of needing the bread, really easy. Everybody should make bread just once in their lives (although it can be so much fun as to be addictive) and this book will take you there. ( )
  NellieMc | Nov 8, 2009 |

"Master baker and innovator Peter Reinhart's answer to the artisan-bread-in-no-time revolution, with time-saving techniques for making extraordinary loaves with speed and ease"--Provided by publisher.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,966,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible